Ariana Grande is an American pop singer, songwriter, actress, and ESFJ personality type. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) defines ESFJ personalities by their Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging traits. Ariana Grande displays the main ESFJ characteristics of loyal dedication, friendliness, and compassion. Her drive, sociability, and empathy are traits equally common to her 3w2 Enneagram type.View in gallery
Ariana Grande was born Ariana Grande-Butera in Boca Raton, Florida on June 26, 1993 to parents Joan Grande and Edward Butera. Joan Grande is a business and chief executive officer for Hose-McCann Communications and Edward Butera is a graphic designer, artist, and photographer. Ariana Grande has a half-sibling, Frank James “Frankie” Grande. Her career began as an actress in the 2008 Broadway musical “13.” Ariana began playing the iconic role of Cat Valentine in Victorious after her time on Broadway. She became popular for her unique voice and four-octave vocal range and burst into the pop scene with her debut album, Yours Truly. Ariana continues to make chart-topping albums and songs like Thank U, 7 Rings, Positions, No Tears Left to Cry, and Dangerous Woman. Outside of Ariana’s illustrious music career, she is married to American luxury real estate agent Dalton Gomez.
|Ariana Grande Personality Type|
|Ariana Grande Myer-Briggs MBTI Personality||ESFJ|
|Ariana Grande Enneagram Type||Enneagram Type 3|
|Ariana Grande Matching Personality Type||ISFP|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, actress|
Don’t ever doubt yourselves or waste a second of your life. It’s too short, and you’re too special.
We’re all human, and we have great amounts of pressure on us. When someone’s hurting, be there. We could all use a little compassion.
If we give a little love, maybe we can change the world.
|Songs||Thank U, Next, One Last Time, No Tears Left to Cry, Dangerous Woman, Save Your Tears, Positions, Stuck With U|
|Birthdate||June 26, 1993|
|Birthplace||Boca Raton, Florida|
Ariana Grande’s personality type, Enneagram type, and zodiac sign, her career, success, and behaviors in her work life, family life, and social life are analyzed according to Enneagram and MBTI types based on scientific research and studies.
How is the Ariana Grande’s Myer-Briggs (MBTI) analysis?
Ariana Grande is Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging (ESFJ). Ariana Grande displays the five ESFJ characteristics of an outgoing personality, practical thinking skills, empathy, dependability, and selflessness. The fans and friends of Ariana describe her as outgoing, kind, fun to be around. For example, Lady Gaga credits Ariana’s extroversion for their friendship because Ariana insisted they connect. Ariana’s empathy and selflessness are seen in her charitable giving and activism. ESFJs give to others regardless of the emotional toll it takes on them. For example, Ariana Grande’s response to the Manchestor Arena bombing was to host a benefit concert for the victims, despite being a victim of the tragedy. Ariana exhibits the dependability of ESFJs through her treatment of her friends and family. For example, she frequently chooses to attend red carpet events with her brother because she’s values family loyalty.
Which subtype of ESFJ is Ariana Grande?
Ariana Grande is an ESFJ-A subtype. ESFJ can breakdown into Assertive (A) and Turbulent (T) subtypes. Each ESFJ subtype approaches situations and stress differently. Ariana Grande displays the ESFJ-A personality traits of optimism, a high-energy level, and confidence. She values her reputation among close peers and loyal fans and she is less likely to care about the opinions of others. Additionally, ESFJ-A subtypes are more vocal than ESFJ-Ts, who are less likely to speak their minds. Ariana voices her opinions with the confidence and fervour of Assertive ESFJs. For example, she isn’t afraid of backlash for being outspoken on matters she believes in, such as the Black Lives Matter movement, political activism, or the church’s stance on the LGBTQ community.
What are the personality traits of Ariana Grande?
Ariana Grande’s main personality traits are bubbly spirit, empathic, family-oriented, charitable, and highly productive. The list below highlights the five main ESFJ traits of Ariana Grande and how they define her ESFJ personality type.
- Bubbly spirit: Ariana Grande is bubbly and outgoing, two common traits of the ESFJ personality type. Her candid personality is often viewed as being a “diva,” but her honesty and sociability make her fans admire her more. She knows how to work a room or the stage and likes spending time with her loved ones.
- Empathetic: Ariana feels deep emotions and is easily impacted by the feelings of others around her because of her ESFJ personality. Her deep compassion and empathy allow Ariana to maintain a level of humanity, which shows in how she connects with her audience and fans.
- Family-oriented: Ariana maintains an extremely close relationship with her family with a familey-oriented loyalty seen in ESFJ people. For example, Ariana is close with her mother, Joan Grande, and often goes with her to award shows and red-carpet appearances. She’s also very close to her maternal grandmother, whom she brought out on stage and credited during the 2018 MTV VMA. Despite being estranged from her father, Ariana Grande has come a long way in mending and evolving their relationship.
- Charitable: Ariana Grander shows her Provider character in the charities and causes she champions. Ariana went vegan after watching the Forks Over Knives video by PETA, adopted rescue dogs, and hosted charity concerts like the One Love Manchester concert to support victims and families of the 2017 Manchester bombing, which killed 22 and injured over 500 people.
- Highly Productive: Ariana Grande and other ESFJ people are highly productive, a trait that Ariana applies in her career. She’s built her reputation with nonstop productivity, from her six studio albums, 2 EPS, and four concert tours, three of which were worldwide since her debut.
How is Ariana Grande’s personality type in family life?
Ariana Grande’s personality type in her family life is incredibly loyal, caring, and loving. Her ESFJ Type 3 personality shows in how driven she is to make them happy. Ariana pulls out all the stops to show her love and appreciation to her family. For example, she recognized her family by bringing her mother, grandmother, and aunt on stage during the finale part of her 2018 MTV Video Music Awards performance.
How is Ariana Grande’s personality in work life?
Ariana Grande’s personality in her work life is rigid. Her inflexibility and assertive disposition, typical of an ESFJ Type 3 personality type, especially an ESFJ-A subtype, earned her the reputation of being a diva. Although the same “diva” behavior made her a perfectionist in her craft, ultimately leading to her worldwide fame and success.
How is Ariana Grande’s personality in social life?
Ariana Grande’s personality in her social life is incredibly sociable. She has cultivated deep and meaningful friendships with many of her previous co-stars, highlighting her ESFJ Type 3 loyalty. Moreover, Ariana Grande’s chart-topping song 7 Rings pays homage to her closest friends, a song she wrote after a shopping trip to Tiffany & Co. and buying said friends diamond rings.
Is Ariana Grande an ESFJ?
Yes, Ariana Grande is an ESFJ. We can deduce her personality type by examining her main character traits, careers, and how she interacts with other people. ESFJ personalities thrive off social interactions, are extremely loyal, and give high importance to others and their feelings. As for Ariana Grande, she’s known as a fun-loving individual, fiercely loyal to her family and friends, and is all about giving back, especially to her fans. She values her community of fans, like a true ESFJ, and goes above and beyond, constantly interacting with them through social media and ensuring they are happy.
What is the best matching personality type for Ariana Grande?
Ariana Grande’s ESFJ personality type best matches the character traits of an ISFP personality type. ESFJs and ISFPs are good listeners and very good at respecting each other’s feelings. A match between an ESFJ and an ISFP works because they share sensing and feeling traits. Both are responsible and loyal and will uphold their commitment to the relationship. While an ISFP is more reserved than a charismatic ESFJ, it’s not problematic in a relationship as long as they try to acknowledge and give what the other one needs. Besides the ISFP, other matching options for an ESFJ are its kindred personality types—ISFJ, ESTJ, and ESFP. Firstly, ESFJs and ISFJs have shared practicality. Secondly, ESFJ and ESTJ love their local communities and thrive off collaborative opportunities. Lastly, ESFJs and ESFPs are deeply empathetic, extroverted, and love large social groups.
Which Enneagram type is Ariana Grande?
Ariana Grande is an Enneagram Type 3. Enneagram Type 3s have the nicknames of the Achiever and the Performer because they are ambitious, worried about their image, and charismatic. Ariana Grande displays Type 3’s ambition through her successful career, 3’s image-consciousness through her cultivated appearance, and 3’s charisma with her outgoing personality. Her Enneagram Type 3 is not alone in propelling her personality development due to the influence of the Enneagram figurine wings, stress lines, and growth lines. Ariana’s Enneagram wing is a 3w2, she has a growth line leading to Type 6, and a stress line leading to Type 9. She will display characteristics of Type 2 alongside her Enneatype 3 traits, disintegrate in the direction of Type 9, and integrate in the direction of Type 6.
What is the Enneagram type level of Ariana Grande?
The Enneagram type level of Ariana Grande is the healthy level 3. People on level 3 of the levels of development have strong leadership skills and self-confidence. Level 3s are inspired to bring out the strengths of others, which is evident in how Ariana Grande values mutual support. Ariana supports multiple different causes close to her heart, such as PETA and Stand Up to Cancer. Additionally, she is incredibly supportive of her half-brother Frankie after he came out as part of the LGBTQ+ community.
What are the wings for the Enneagram type of Ariana Grande?
The wing for the Enneagram type of Ariana Grande is an Enneagram Type 3 with a 2 wing. An ESFJ 3w2 personality focuses on their image and wants people to think well of them. They are often friendly but also self-assured, ambitious, and always want to win, making them seem manipulative and vain to other people.
How does Ariana Grande’s personality affect her career?
Ariana Grande’s personality affects her career in three ways. Firstly, Ariana’s ESFJ trait of loyalty has a positive affect on her career. For example, she actively communicates with her fans and cultivates a strong connection among her fandom. Ariana’s dedication allows her to maintain a positive reputation within the entertainment industry and keeps her in the limelight. Secondly, Ariana’s determination is a common ESFJ trait that’s led to her success. Ariana’s resolve is apparent in her sold-out world tours, chart-topping songs, and Grammy wins. Thirdly,Ariana’s ESFJ trait of sensitivity strengthens the emotions in her songs. Ariana’s music is easily relatable because of the emotion she puts into her artistry. For example, her song Break Free from her My Everything album is a motivational message for people who need to break free from their comfort zone. Additionally, her song Get Well Soon from the Sweetener album is evidence of her ESFJ empathy by capturing the feelings of those struggling with mental health issues.
How do Ariana Grande’s songs reflect her character?
Ariana Grande’s songs reflect her ESFJ character in two ways. Firstly, Ariana shows her bubbly ESFJ persona in her upbeat songs. For example, her song Positions is playful and fun, getting listeners moving. Ariana’s song Stuck With U with Justin Bieber is another example of a fun, upbeat, and positive vibe that fits her sociable ESFJ trait. Secondly, Ariana channels her ESFJ sensitivity in her song lyrics. Many of her real-life experiences and emotions influence her art. For example, her song No Tears Left to Cry is about the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing following her concert and has a particularly poignant message of finding peace after a catastrophe. A second example is her song Save Your Tears, which features a sober yet uplifting message about a relationship that didn’t work out.
How does Ariana Grande’s acting career reflect her character?
Ariana Grande’s acting career reflects her sociable and empathetic ESFJ character traits in the roles she plays. For example, Ariana played Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon TV shows Victorious and Sam & Cat. Cat Valentine is an approachable, well-liked person with a magnetic presence, and with many friends and acquaintances. Additionally, at 20, Ariana played the role of Amanda Pitch Benson in the Nickelodeon original film Swindle. Ariana’s Amanda Benson character shares the ESFJ traits of likability and friendliness. Morever, Ariana played in the 2016 production of Hairspray at age 23. Ariana Grande played the role of the socially-awkward but lovable and loyal best friend, Penny Pingleton.
How do quotes of Ariana Grande reflect her character?
Below are five quotes of Ariana Grande that reflect the sensitivity, loyalty, and compassion of ESFJs present in her character.
- Ariana Grande demonstrates ESFJ’s sensitivity and compassion in the quote below.
“Don’t ever doubt yourselves or waste a second of your life. It’s too short, and you’re too special.”
- Ariana’s ESFJ empathy and concern for others’ feelings is evident in the quote below.
“We’re all human, and we have great amounts of pressure on us. When someone’s hurting, be there. We could all use a little compassion.”
- Ariana Grande showcases the ESFJ’s innate loyalty and family-oriented nature in the quote below.
“I feel like I’m the luckiest girl in the world. I have the best family and fans in the world.”
- Ariana Grande highlights the ESFJ’s compassionate nature in the following quote.
“If we give a little love, maybe we can change the world.”
- Ariana Grande demonstrates that ESFJ personality types are people-pleasers and thrive off acknowledgment and appreciation.
“Everyone strives for approval and wants to be loved.”
What is the harmony between Ariana Grande’s zodiac sign and personality type?
Ariana Grande’s zodiac sign is Cancer and is in good harmony with her ESFJ personality type. Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac and is represented by the Crab. People are born under the Cancer star sign from June 22 until July 22. Ariana’s zodiac sign’s traits align well with her personality type, although looking at a person’s zodiac sign is not a scientific approach to determining their personality traits. People born under the Cancer sign are known for their emotinal, nurturing, and loyal nature. Ariana Grande displays the loving and nurturing characteristics of the Cancer zodiac sign which align with the compassionate and sensitive nature of the ESFJ personality type.
Who are the other ESFJ singers besides Ariana Grande?
The five other ESFJ singers besides Ariana Grande are Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez, Sir Paul McCartney, Loretta Lynn, and Camila Gallardo. The following list defines how these singers represent the ESFJ personality type.
- Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande are both popular singers, and they further share the outgoing and bubbly public persona of an ESFJ personality type.
- Jennifer Lopez: Jennifer Lopez is an extroverted vocalist who showcases the ESFJ’s dedication through managing her career.
- Sir Paul McCartney: Paul McCartney is The Beatles’ co-vocalist and bass player, and is an ESFJ like Ariana Grande. McCartney is known for his friendly, kind, empathetic, and welcoming personality.
- Loretta Lynn: Loretta Lynn exhibits similar ESFJ traits to Ariana Grande, such as having a kind heart, outgoing personality, and sensitive emotions.
- Camila Gallardo: Camilla Gallardo is a Chilean singer and songwriter, and like Ariana Grande, she demonstrates the ESFJ’s typical sociability and loyalty to her fans.
Who are similar characters to Ariana Grande?
Five similar characters to Ariana Grande are Simone Biles, John Cena, LeBron James, Pope Francis, and Steve Harvey. The list below highlights some of their notable ESFJ characteristics that are similar to Ariana Grande.
- Simone Biles: Simone Biles and Ariana Grande are both altruistic people like most ESFJs. Their compassion is evident in their advocacies and effots to stand up and support their causes, such as mental health and equality.
- John Cena: John Cena and Ariana Grande both demonstrate the ESFJ personality type in their warm and caring nature to those around them.
- LeBron James: LeBron James and Ariana Grande share the typical ESFJ trait of productivity and dedication, as evident in their massive success in their respective fields.
- Pope Francis: Pope Francis and Ariana Grande have a shared ESFJ loyalty and devotion to their work and beliefs.
- Steve Harvey: Steve Harvey and Ariana Grande both demonstrate the ESFJ’s bubbly personality and can entertain the audience to no end.