Rihanna is a Barbadian singer, actress, and businesswoman with the ISFP personality type. Rihanna’s personality type exemplifies the creative, individualistic, bold, and adventurous nature of the ISFP (also called the Composer MBTI archetype). The singer particularly embodies the ISFP’s artistry, having built a successful career as an international platinum pop sensation, and carrying titles such as the “Queen of Pop” and the “Caribbean Queen”. Rihanna’s ISFP traits also correspond with the Enneagram Type 3 personality because she has demonstrated great perseverance and ambition throughout her career.
View in gallery
ISFP Robyn Rihanna Fenty (commonly called Rihanna or Riri by fans) was born in Saint Michael, Barbados on February 20, 1988. Rihanna is the eldest of three children born to mother Monica Braithwaite, an accountant, and father Ronald Fenty, a warehouse supervisor. The singer’s siblings are Rorrey and Rajad Fenty. Rihanna additionally has two half-sisters and a half-brother from her father’s side—Kandy, Samantha, and Jamie Fenty, respectively.
Marital problems and her father’s alcoholism and drug addiction marred Rihanna’s childhood. Rihanna’s parents divorced when she was 14 and she functioned as her youngest brother’s caregiver while her mother worked full-time. The future pop star used music as a form of escapism which ultimately nursed professional aspirations. Rihanna found her career beginnings in 2003, forming a girl group with two friends and later auditioning solo for the American producer, Evan Rogers. The creation of a demo led to Rihanna signing with Def Jam Recordings and then-president and American rapper, Jay-Z.
The ISFP singer’s career spans numerous accolades, being the second-best female artist of all time in addition to nine Grammy Awards and fourteen number-one singles. Rihanna has a son with American rapper ASAP Rocky.
The table below summarizes Rihanna’s background, personality type, and famous quotes.
|Rihanna Personality Type
|Rihanna Myer-Briggs MBTI Personality
|Rihanna Enneagram Type
|Rihanna Matching Personality Type
|ESFJ or ESTJ
I hate anything that’s too straightforward, too routine, too familiar, and I get bored really, really quickly.
I don’t do things for the response or the controversy. I just live my life.
I love fusing things together. It’s more of a dare for me. I’m more of an adventurous person. I like to make the impossible work.
|“Umbrella,” “Good Girl Gone Bad,” “Work”
|February 20, 1988
|Saint Michael, Barbados
|Rorrey Fenty, Rajad Fenty, Kandy Fenty, Samantha Fenty, Jamie Fenty
The following article will analyze Rihanna’s personality type, Enneagram, Zodiac sign, career, success, and behaviors in her work, family, and social life according to scientific research and studies on Enneagram and MBTI type personalities.
How is Rihanna’s Myers-Briggs (MBTI) analysis?
Rihanna’s Myers-Briggs (MBTI) analysis shows that she is an Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving type or an ISFP personality type. Rihanna has five core traits indicative of the ISFP personality. The first trait Rihanna displays is her creativity. Rihanna channels her ISFP Sensing and Feeling-oriented mind by making music that emotionally connects with thousands. The second and third ISFP traits we observe in Rihanna are her boldness and individuality. ISFP types are not afraid to break away from social norms and try new things due to their spontaneous Perceiving side. Rihanna expresses her ISFP personality by being a fashion icon, constantly experimenting with fashion, and having an adventurous attitude toward her career. The fourth ISFP characteristic Rihanna exhibits is a strong sense of privacy. Rihanna is a deeply private person due to her Introversion trait, limiting her public appearances and how much she reveals about her family life. The fifth trait of the ISFP personality type Rihanna displays is her unwavering independence. ISFPs are individualists who value their freedom. Rihanna consequently strives to be free-spirited, unapologetically expressing herself through music and fashion.
Which subtype of ISFP is Rihanna?
Rihanna belongs to the Assertive ISFP subtype or ISFP-A. The ISFP-A subtype shares the base personality traits of the Composer MBTI archetype but exhibits a more confident self-image than its counterpart, ISFP-T (Turbulent). ISFP-As’ innate confidence and boldness make individuals like Rihanna appear more extroverted than they are. However, Rihanna is deeply introverted, as demonstrated by her guarded personal life. Assertive ISFP confidence also pushes Rihanna to succeed in creative pursuits. ISFP-As are artistic innovators and go-getters who enjoy experimenting with their self-expression. Rihanna’s observable traits exemplify the self-assurance of ISFP-As through her impressive career, energetic shows, and inspiring music.
What are the personality traits of Rihanna?
The main personality traits that typify Rihanna as an ISFP include creativity, acceptance, adventurousness, boldness, and individualism. The list below highlights how Rihanna’s traits reflect her personality type as an ISFP.
- Creativity: Rihanna is a force to be reckoned with because she possesses the innate creative edge of an ISFP. People with an ISFP personality type value self-expression and creative projects—qualities that Rihanna expresses through several avenues. For example, Rihanna is an international pop singer with multiple chart-topping songs, the founder and CEO of the successful cosmetic brand Fenty Beauty, and a billionaire entrepreneur who invests in various projects.
- Acceptance: ISFP people are empathetic and accepting individuals due to their Feeling and Perceiving traits. Rihanna consequently understands other people’s quirks, struggles, and flaws. The singer is also a long-time social justice advocate and philanthropist; she uses her platform to spread awareness of racism and social injustices. Rihanna’s Fenty brand also focuses heavily on diversity and inclusivity, which is indicative of the ISFP’s non-judgmental nature.
- Adventurousness: Rihanna’s accomplishments in the music, film, and fashion industries exemplify her adventurousness. The singer also embodies the ISFP’s propensity for tangible action. Rihanna spearheads a cosmetic empire in addition to managing a highly successful music career and supporting various philanthropic efforts.
- Bold: ISFPs like Rihanna are reserved but bold. The singer expresses her boldness by being an independent and composed woman who battles to achieve her goals.
- Individualist: Rihanna is a non-conformist and individualist which is a strong indicator of an ISFP personality. The singer frequently experiments with fashion, creates unique and inspiring music, and disregards societal expectations by focusing on her career before she had children.
How is Rihanna’s personality type in family life?
Rihanna’s personality type in her family life is accepting and reserved. ISFPs like Rihanna tend to avoid confrontations and seek peace as shown in her relationship with her father. Rihanna maintains a cordial relationship with her father despite her turbulent childhood, the abuse she witnessed, and suing him for misusing her name. The singer further exudes ISFP reservation through motherhood. Rihanna enjoys spending time with her son but deeply values her family’s privacy—so much so that she’s never revealed her son’s name to the public nor does she share many images of him online.
How is Rihanna’s personality in work life?
Rihanna’s personality in her work life is creative, practical, and non-judgmental. The singer makes practical choices in her career, such as by moving from Barbados to the US to work towards her musical career. Rihanna thrives in a cooperative work environment, epitomizing the non-judgmental and accepting nature of the ISFP personality type by frequently collaborating with others. The singer further exemplifies the ISFP personality type in her various creative pursuits. Rihanna owes her successful music career, immaculate fashion sense, and popular business endeavors to her innate creativity.
How is Rihanna’s personality in social life?
Rihanna’s personality in her social life is shy and reserved. The singer is open about being shy and has stated she feels like an outsider around people she doesn’t know. Shyness is common among ISFP due to their innate introversion. Rihanna opens up and reveals her bold, adventurous nature shine once she’s comfortable enough in a group.
Is Rihanna an ISFP?
Yes, Rihanna is an ISFP. We conclude Rihanna’s personality type according to her observable traits, career, and public persona. The strongest signals that typify people with the ISFP personality type are if they are accepting of others, reserved, adventurous, nonconforming, and intensely creative. Rinahnna demonstrates said ISFP signals. For example, the Barbadian singer is nonjudgemental and pushes for inclusivity through her cosmetic brand, Fenty Beauty. Rihanna also epitomizes the ISFP’s free spirit in her unapologetic authenticity, unwavering creativity, and bold sense of style. Rihanna additionally values her privacy, exemplifying the ISFP’s introversion by protecting her son’s identity and revealing few details about her personal life.
What is the best matching personality type for Rihanna?
The best matching personality types for Rihanna are the ESFJ and ESTJ types. The list below highlights the reasons why Rihanna’s ISFP personality type is compatible with an ESFJ or ESTJ type.
- ESFJ: An ESFJ is a natural match for an ISFP personality type like Rihanna because they complement each other’s dominant functions. Dominant functions define how ESFJs and ISFPs navigate the world and process experiences. ESFJ’s dominant cognitive function of Extraverted Feeling complements the ISFP’s Introverted Feeling function. Both personality types focus on emotional values and decision-making, with the extroverted ESFJ drawing out the introverted ISFP.
- ESTJ: ESTJ people are a great match for Rihanna’s ISFP personality type because they value the other’s contrasting perspectives. For example, an ISFP personality like Rihanna focuses more on feelings, while the ESTJ focuses on logic. The fundamental differences help the personality types balance each other out. Both personalities are also Sensing-types, which means they similarly enjoy sensory experiences.
Which Enneagram type is Rihanna?
Rihanna is an ISFP Enneagram Type 4 with a 5 wing. The Enneagram Type 4 personality type is also called the Individualist because they place a huge emphasis on identity and authenticity. Fierce independence, perseverance, creativity, and ambition further characterize Enneagram Type 4 personalities. Rihanna shows two distinct ISFP Enneagram Type 4 personality traits. First, Rihanna has a natural flair for creativity. The singer’s artistic abilities are the building blocks of her success in music and fashion. Second, Rihanna is independent and enterprising, consistently breaking expectations and walking her own path.
We additionally deduce the Barbadian singer’s Enneagram Type 4 personality through her Enneagram wing type as well as her stress and growth line. Enneagram Type 4 shares qualities with one of two of its wing personalities, Type 3 and Type 5. We analyze that Rihanna demonstrates Enneagram Type 5 wing (the Investigator personality) because she is reserved and practical. Meanwhile, Rihanna’s stress line connects to Type 2 while her growth line connects to Type 1. The singer consequently demonstrates Type 2’s self-sacrificing nature during times of stress, while exemplifying Type 1’s perfectionism and work ethic during periods of growth.
What is the Enneagram type level of Rihanna?
Rihanna’s Enneagram Type 4 is at a healthy level. Enneagram type levels refer to the Levels of Development, a concept that illustrates a range of psychological behaviors and perspectives Enneagram types exhibit. The Levels of Development have nine levels and three categories of healthy, average, and unhealthy behavior. Rihannar’s observable traits as an ISFP Enneagram Type 4 personality indicate that she is socially aware and responsible, accepts others, and blends her creativity with a realistic outlook. The singer’s traits consequently suggest she is at a healthy level of development, ranging from Level 1 to Level 3.
What are the wings for the Enneagram type of Rihanna?
Rihanna’s Enneagram Type 4 personality has a 5 wing (Type 4w5). Type 4w5 personalities are intense and artistic creators. People with Type 4w5 characteristics are unwilling to compromise their work to meet expectations. 4w5s instead value authenticity and adventure. The singer Rihanna displays Type 4w5 traits in her artistic pursuits. For example, the singer never makes concessions to appease others. Rihanna refuses to buckle under pressure to release her long-awaited seventh studio album and continues to focus on building her family, running Fenty Beauty, and taking on new projects that suit her goals.
How does Rihanna’s personality affect her career?
Rihanna’s ISFP personality positively affects her career in three ways. First, Rihanna possesses innate creativity as an ISFP personality type. The singer applies her creativity to reach new heights in music and fashion such as by winning multiple Grammy Awards and launching the acclaimed Fenty Beauty brand. Second, Rihanna’s ISFP personality shines through her bold artistry and confident on-stage persona. The singer also exemplifies the Composer archetype by defying genres and experimenting with sounds. For example, the Barbadian singer initially got her start with club songs that demonstrate Caribbean influences but expanded her discography with ballads, rock, dance, and more. Third, Rihanna exudes the ISFP’s fierce confidence and free spirit throughout her career. The singer breaks expectations by focusing on business and building a cosmetic empire. Rihanna also makes it a point to live her life according to her wishes and not by conforming to others’ desires.
How do Rihanna’s songs reflect her character?
Rihanna’s songs reflect her character as ISFP through the bold, creative, and accepting persona she portrays on stage. Rihanna’s career boasts several chart-topping hits. Three songs particularly reflect her ISFP traits in the lyrics. First, Rihanna’s global smash hit, “Umbrella”, mirrors the ISFP’s Feeling-centered, loving, and loyal manner as expressed in the lyrics, “When the sun shines / We shine together / Told you I’ll be here forever / Said I’ll always be your friend / Took an oath / I’ma stick it out until the end.” Second, Rihanna explores themes like independence and flexibility in the songs of her seventh studio album Anti, which characterizes the bold, nonconforming ISFP personality type. The song “Same Ol’ Mistakes” by Rihanna reflects on how others judge the way she lives. The lyrics exert Rihanna’s nonconformity and individualistic attitude as an ISFP. “I know you don’t think it’s right / I know that you think it’s fake / Maybe fake’s what I want / Point is I have the right.” Finally, Rihanna’s song “Consideration” is about her independence and the need to speak her mind. The lyrics of the song, “I got to do things my own way darlin’”, asserts Rihanna’s ISFP instinct of dancing to the beat of her own drums.
How do quotes of Rihanna reflect her character?
The five Rihanna quotes below reflect her character as an ISFP personality type.
- ISFP personalities are spontaneous. Rihanna consequently dislikes committing to rigid schedules and strict timetables, which she highlights in the first quote below.
“I hate anything that’s too straightforward, too routine, too familiar, and I get bored really, really quickly.”
- ISFPs like Rihanna are free-spirited and independent. Rihanna embodies her need to live according to her terms and not be constrained by other people’s perceptions in the second quote below.
“I don’t do things for the response or the controversy. I just live my life.”
- The following third quote further exemplifies Rihanna’s non-conformist ISFP personality and how she follows her standards over other people’s.
“I’m going to do whatever I want to do; I’m taking control of my vision, my sound, my clothes. I also embraced change alone the way—things that make me a better woman and a better human being.”
- ISFPs are Composter types that create aesthetically pleasing works. Rihanna embodies the ISFP creative mind in the fourth quote below.
“I love fusing things together. It’s more of a dare for me. I’m more of an adventurous person. I like to make the impossible work.”
- ISFPs are sensitive individuals who tend to repress their emotions due to their innate introversion. Rihanna reveals her reserved nature as an ISFP in the final following quote.
“I think a lot of people have a misperception of me. They only see the tough, defensive, aggressive side. But every woman is vulnerable.”
What is the harmony between Rihanna’s Zodiac sign and her personality type?
Rihanna’s zodiac sign of Pisces is in good harmony with her personality type. Analyzing personality type according to someone’s zodiac sign is not a scientific-validated approach. Rihanna’s zodiac sign nonetheless aligns well with her MBTI personality type in two major ways. First, emotional sensitivity, creativity, and imagination characterize people with Pisces signs. Rihanna’s ISFP personality is similarly creative, empathetic, and innovative due to the Sensing and Feeling traits. Second, Pisces people are sympathetic and value meaningful accomplishments that improve the world. Rihanna is an ISFP with deep empathy, focusing inclusivity in her cosmetic brand and supporting various philanthropic efforts.
Who are other ISFPs as singers besides Rihanna?
Other ISFP singers besides Rihanna include Christina Aguilera, Lana Del Rey, James Arthur, Fats Domingo, and Lady Gaga. The list below defines characteristics similar to Rihanna as an ISFP.
- Christina Aguilera: Christina Aguilera is an American singer with an ISFP personality type similar to Rihanna. Aguilera is highly creative, independent, and free-spirited, rarely shying away from her ambitions (as exemplified by her long-standing career).
- Lana Del Rey: Another ISFP singer is Lana Del Rey. The American singer-songwriter embodies the ISFP’s artistry and propensity for adventurousness through her bold, provocative music.
- James Arthur: English musician James Arthur shows strong ISFP tendencies similar to Rihanna. For example, Arthur is introverted, has a creative streak, and values independence in his music.
- Fats Domino: American pianist and singer Fats Domino is another ISFP singer. Domino exemplified classic ISFP traits like introversion, modesty, mild manners, and impressive artistic abilities. Fats Domino was unafraid of showing his true self, especially in his music.
- Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga embodies the ISFP’s spontaneity and boldness. Goga’s ISFP individualism is evident in how she’s unafraid to be her true self despite her introversion and need for privacy.
Who are similar characters to Rihanna?
Other characters similar to Rihanna are Henry Granville from Bridgerton, Frida Kahlo, Hagrid from Harry Potter, Brad Pitt, and Bridgette Bardot. The following list highlights the characters’ similar traits to Rihanna as an ISFP personality type.
- Henry Granville: Henry Granville from Bridgerton is similar to Rihanna because he exemplifies the ISFP propensity for individuality. Henry remains true to himself and refuses to sacrifice his values and personal beliefs for others’ acceptance or approval.
- Frida Kahlo: The Mexican painter Frida Kahlo was intensely artistic as an ISFP. Kahlo valued her identity and unapologetically expressed herself, which is similar to Rihanna’s independent persona.
- Hagrid: Hagrid from Harry Potter displays strong ISFP tendencies like Rihanna. Hagrid is a gentle giant who never tries to fake his emotions and remains accepting of others.
- Brad Pitt: American actor Brad Pitt is similar to Rihanna because he also displays the ISFP type’s propensity for creativity and individuality. Pitt is deeply invested in filmmaking and frequently stands out from the crowd through his acting talent.
- Brigitte Bardot: Brigitte Bardot’s unapologetic individuality is similar to the free-spirited Rihanna. Bardot is uninterested in popularity, instead focusing on animal rights activism.