Justin Bieber is a Grammy Award-winning pop and R&B singer-songwriter and ENFP according to the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). The MBTI categorizes personality into 16 distinct types to explain their communication preferences, strengths, and weaknesses. The MBTI defines ENFP as Extroverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. Justin exhibits the outgoing nature, abstract thinking, strong moral code, and spontaneity present in ENFPs. Justin’s energy, competency, and desire to support others overlap with his Enneagram Type 3 personality.
View in gallery
Justin was born on March 1, 1994, to a single mother, Patricia ‘Pattie’ Mallette. Justin’s parents had him young but separated when he was around ten months old. Although he was born in London, Ontario, Canada, Justin was raised by his mother and maternal grandmother, Diane, in Stratford, Ontario. Justin’s parents never married, but he remained in touch with his father, Jeremy Jack Bieber. He has three younger half-siblings through his father — Jaxon Bieber, Jazmyn Bieber, and Bay Bieber, and a half-stepsister, Allie Rebelo. Justin Bieber’s talent, plus his performance videos posted online by his mom, brought Justin from busking on the streets of small-town Ontario to a rapid rise to Hollywood fame. His online presence led to his discovery by a talent scout and he landed a record deal at 14. Justin’s creative prowess and ability to adapt to the pressures of fame showcase his Champion personality type.
Justin established himself as a worldwide teen idol before earning the title Prince of Pop following his 2009 debut EP My World and a famous ENFP. Justin shines in artistically innovating and stimulating pursuits as an ENFP. His creative, charming, and emotionally sensitive traits exemplify the ENFPs entertainer personality. However, being an Enneagram Type 3 brings out Justin’s competitive side. ENFPs are known for their enthusiasm in relationships which shows in the media frenzy surrounding Justin’s love affair with fellow singer and actress Selena Gomez. However, the couple officially split and Justin tied the knot with Haley Baldwin at a New York City court house on September 13, 2018 before holding a second ceremony on September 30th the following year.
|Justin Bieber’s Personality Type
|Justin Bieber Myer-Briggs MBTI Personality
|Justin Bieber Enneagram Type
|Enneagram Type 3
|Justin Bieber Matching Personality Type
|INFP, ENTP, and ENFJ
I don’t have permission to be human and shed tears.
If I can do just one-tenth of the good that Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in the world.
The focus, and the goal, is about yourself; you tend to lose your purpose in that. I think the older I get, the more I realize that I’m not utilizing my gift for the right reasons. This isn’t about me. It’s about helping someone who’s going through whatever they are going through and being able to talk about that thing.
Young people in the business have grown up and made the wrong decisions, or bad decisions, and haven’t been good role models. To be someone that people look up to is important to me.
I want girls to hear my music, and I want them to play it again because it makes their hearts feel good.
|Baby, Yummy, Despacito, Sorry, Intentions, Where Are You Now, Love Yourself, Lonely, What Do You Mean?
|March 1, 1994
|London, Ontario, Canada
|Jeremy Jack Bieber
|(half-siblings) Jaxon Bieber, Jazmyn Bieber, Bay Bieber; (half step-sibling) Allie Rebelo
Justin Bieber’s personality type, Enneagram type, and zodiac sign, his career, success, and behaviors in work life, family life, and social life are analyzed according to Enneagram and MBTI types based on scientific research and studies.
How is the Justin Bieber’s Myer-Briggs (MBTI) analysis?
Justin Bieber is Extroverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving (ENFP) according to the MBTI. He exhibits notable ENFP characteristics, such as altruism, emotional sensitivity, artistry, spontaneity, and good communication skills. Justin is a natural orator and performance artist with a penchant for spontaneous creativity. His music captures his emotional sensitivity alongside his artistry. For example, Justin’s music career is known for having emotional lyrics that align with his caring ENFP nature. Additionally, Justin’s altruism shows in his actions. For example, in 2022 he teamed up with BetterHelp to offer free therapy sessions to his fans and tour crew. Justin’s giving spirit, support of various charities and causes, creative and original music, and sympathy toward family, fans, and friends show the true nature of ENFP people.
Which subtype of ENFP is Justin Bieber?
Justin Bieber’s subtype is Red ENFP. The Red ENFP subtype is notably less extroverted than typical ENFPs. For example, Justin Bieber values his privacy. Justin talks candidly about feeling uncomfortable being followed and photographed without permission. However, his quintessential Champion personality type shows in his outgoing and charming nature while performing onstage. Red ENFPs value rich inner lives but often have the rebellious streak springing from the Champion’s love for life’s unpredictability. Different ENFP subtypes deal with stress in different ways. Red ENFPs cope with stress by indulging in spontaneity or behaving impulsively. Justin Bieber was pushed into the limelight at a young age and had his fair share of controversial moments due to erratic behavior over the years, from his multiple run-ins with the law to his struggle with drug addiction. ENFPs tend to have excellent communication skills; however, they differ in how they deal with other people and personality types. As a Red ENFP, Justin Bieber is respectful but tends to be withdrawn or reserved when dealing with opposing views. For example, Justin deleted his Instagram account after warning fans that he would do so following the hate comments towards his then-girlfriend, Hailey Baldwin.
What are the personality traits of Justin Bieber?
Justin Bieber’s main personality traits are altruism, sensitivity, artistry, spontaneity, and good communication skills. The list below highlights the five main personality traits of Justin Bieber’s ENFP personality type.
- Altruism: Justin Bieber is known for his altruisim charitable heart, one of the most giving celebrities there is. ENFP people’s altruism knows no bounds, and Justin’s is apparent from supporting numerous charities. For example, in the past Justin worked with the ALS Association and the ACLU of Southern California to advocate for mental health, donated to support a fan’s career in social work, and raised millions through charity concerts and performances.
- Sensitivity: ENFP’s are emotionally sensitive, and Justin Bieber exemplifies the personality type’s sensitive nature. His close friends and wife, Hailey, often described him as passionate and emotionally sensitive. Justin has also been photographed sobbing on a city bike, not to mention his emotional breakdown during his comeback performance at the VMAs, an indicator that he feels things intensely.
- Artistry: Justin Bieber exhibits ENFPs’ creativity in his songs and performances. His artistry has a proven track record, like being named the first musician in history to have three best-selling singles in the US simultaneously, according to Billboard.
- Spontaneity: ENFP people have the propensity to seek adventure, sometimes leading to acts of rebellion. Justin Bieber’s controversial public persona exemplifies the ENFP’s spontaneity.
- Good communication skills: Although Justin Bieber is more reserved than the typical ENFP, he’s been incredibly open about his emotional journey, married life, and health concerns. His openness about his struggles and redemption, besides his music, has made Justin an inspiration to many people.
How is Justin Bieber’s personality type in family life?
Justin Bieber’s personality type in family life is sensitive and more reserved than most ENFPs. ENFPs are social and love spending time with their family members but their intuitive nature lets them see where personal boundaries lie. For example, Justin adores his siblings, but he rarely parades their photos on social media. Justin respects his siblings’ personal boundaries and chooses to carefully curate the endearing photos he shares of his family on rare occasions. Additionally, Justin puts a clear boundary between work and family life, a trait fairly common in Red ENFPs. Justin’s goal’s are family oriented and his Enneatype 3 personality pushes him to achieve his goal of a loving family man. Although he values his work time, Justin makes sure to make quality time with his family, especially his wife, despite their busy schedules.
How is Justin Bieber’s personality in work life?
Justin Bieber’s personality type in work life is imaginative, artistic, and adventurous. ENFPs are creative innovators who desire to adapt their artistry as they see fit. Justin is heavily involved in songwriting, and frequently teams up with other songwriters and producers to experiment with his sound. Justin exhibits his ENFP imagination and artistic capabilities by writing or co-writing many of his own music.Justin’s ENFP adventurous nature shows in his many musical talents. He remains true to the flexibility of ENFPs by singing, writing, experimenting with different genres, and playing different instruments.
How is Justin Bieber’s personality in social life?
Justin Bieber’s personality in social life is outgoing and sociable. ENFPs are outgoing and energetic. Justin often shares photos of himself with friends on an adventure or another on his social media. The ENFP in Justin brings out his spontaneous side and makes or exciting hang outs with friends. For example, Justin has a habit of photo dumping and flaunting close-up pictures of himself, his wife, and their friends enjoying each other’s shenanigans.
Is Justin Bieber an ENFP?
Yes, Justin Bieber is an ENFP. We can surmise that his MBTI personality type is ENFP based on observable traits in his social, family, and work life, interviews, and relationships with others. ENFPs are creative, imaginative, and inclined towards artistically stimulating pursuits. That said, ENFPs are not without their faults. ENFPs, like Justin Bieber, tend to resort to reactive and rebellious acts when they find themselves in stressful situations. Justin is well-known for his impulsive pursuits and outbursts during his younger years. He earned a reputation for making decisions based on current emotions instead of logic. However, he’s recently been channeling his moral ENFP personality and focuisng on overcoming his personal struggles, and becoming a skilled communicator.
What is the best matching personality type for Justin Bieber?
The best matching personality types for Justin Bieber are INFP, ENTP, and ENFJ. Justin Bieber’s personality type shares many traits, interests, and values in common with INFP, ENTP, and ENFJ. Firstly, ENFP and INFP share a similar idealistic view toward life. Their main difference is INFP’s vulnerability. Secondly, ENFPs and ENTPs have a unique connection because they value personal growth and innovation. They understand each other’s need for social interaction and will work toward big dreams together. Thirdy, ENFPs and ENFJs are a good match because they share a deep connection with each other. Both ENFPs and ENFJs have a similar approach to relationships and share an interest in charity because of their emotional drive.
Which Enneagram type is Justin Bieber?
Justin Bieber is an Enneagram Type 3. Enneagram Type 3s are known as Achievers or Performers. Type 3s display the main characteristics of high energy, adaptability, and fear of being unappreciated. Justin Bieber hasn’t publicly shared his Enneagram personality test results, but we can compare his observable traits to the relevant elements of the Type 3 personality. Type 3s fear being unloved and will work hard to solidify their position in their social, familial, or work life. The Justin Bieber Enneagram Figurine expands to include the wings, stress, and growth lines of the Achiever personality type. Type 3s have either a 2 or 4 wing, a stress line that leads toward Type 9, and a growth line that travels in the direction of Type 6. Justin’s Enneatype 3 personality can be influenced by his wing and lines by displaying each types common characteristics alongside his main Enneatype. For example, Type 3s under stress move toward Type 9 on the Enneagram Figurine and start to doubt their abilities and become disengaged with others. Justin Bieber talks about his struggles with self-doubt during times of stress in his life. However, Type 3s travel to Type 6 in times of growth and showcases committment and trust in others. Type 6’s impact on Justin’s personality shows in his ability to bounce back from his lows by focusing on the people who matter most to him.
What is the Enneagram type level of Justin Bieber?
The Enneagram type level of Justin Bieber is level 3. Justin Bieber’s Enneagram type is likely at a healthy level but rests on the cusp of average levels of development. Healthy Enneagram 3s are able to communicate with clarity and authentically express themselves, which is evident in Justin Bieber’s candidness and honesty. People at level 3 of Enneagram development are expressive and want to share their emotions and others. For example, Justin shares his emotions through his music and natural talents. He views his musical career as a chance to use his talents for good and as a method of giving back to others. However, people at level 3 risk descending to average and unhealthy levels if they give into their Enneatype’s fear. Justin’s Type 3 fear is failure and he falls to unhealthy levels if he begins to exploit his healthy traits to combat his fear.
What are the wings for Enneagram type of Justin Bieber?
Justin Bieber is an ENFP Type 3w4. The 3w4 type is an Enneagram 3 that shares many similar traits to the Type 4, or Individualist, personality type. Justin Bieber is more in touch with his emotions because of his Type 4 wing. Additionally, he is more expressive than other Enneagram 3s and values individuality and creativity. Justin’s emotional sensitivity is evident in his transformation from an impulsive teen pop star into a profound, sensitive family man. Justin uses his Type 3 ambition to actualize his Type 4 authenticity and accept that his individuality comes from within and not from his outward expression of self.
How does Justin Bieber’s personality affect his career?
Justin Bieber’s ENFP personality affects his career in two positive ways. Firstly, Justin’s ENFP traits of artistry and creativity help him succeed in the music industry. He’s written or co-written numerous hits, such as What Do You Mean?, from his 4th studio album Purpose, which spent 31 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. Another on the long list of his chart-topping hits is the song Peaches from his 6th studio album, Justice, which peaked at number one on the charts for an entire week. Justin’s other notable Billboard Hot 100 hits include Where Are You Now, Let Me Love You, Sorry, Love Yourself, and Ghost. Secondly, Justin Bieber’s charming, sensitive, and charismatic ENFP personality ignites onstage. Besides being known as a talented hitmaker, Justin is famous as an energetic performer and crowd-pleaser. His 2011 Grammy performance was a reminder of why many people fell in love with him, not to mention the dramatic Sorry performance during the 2015 American Music Awards.
How do Justin Bieber’s songs reflect his character?
Justin Bieber’s songs reflect his character in his sensitive song lyrics, energetic beats, and flexible music style. For example, Justin’s collaboration with Chance the Rapper on his song Holy showcases his experimental music style, and sensitive lyrics. Additionally, Justin incorporates themes such as empathy songs such as his song, Ghost, a song about loss, and pain that comes with that loss, and the hope that the hurt will not last forever. Justin’s ENFP character shows in his energetic music. He shows off his preferred tropical house genre intertwined with his sensitive lyrics in the lyrics below from his song What Do You Mean?.
“Don’t know if you’re happy or complaining. Don’t want for us to end, where do I start?” — Justin Bieber
How do quotes of Justin Bieber reflect his character?
Below are five Justin Bieber quotes that exemplify his ENFP personality type.
- Emotional sensitivity is a typical ENFP trait. The following quote exemplifies Justin Bieber’s emotional side, or rather his thoughts on how other people view him speaking candidly with his emotions.
“I don’t have permission to be human and shed tears.”
- ENFPs are altruistic caring individuals, which Justin Bieber showcases in his words below.
“If I can do just one-tenth of the good that Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in the world.”
- Justin exhibits the ENFP strength of empathy and his emotional sensitivity in the below quote.
“The focus, and the goal, is about yourself; you tend to lose your purpose in that. I think the older I get, the more I realize that I’m not utilizing my gift for the right reasons. This isn’t about me. It’s about helping someone who’s going through whatever they are going through and being able to talk about that thing.”
- Justin displays the ENFP desire to please those around him and gain the approval of others. The following quote shows his desire to be accepted and his concern about how people perceive him.
“Young people in the business have grown up and made the wrong decisions, or bad decisions, and haven’t been good role models. To be someone that people look up to is important to me.”
- Justin Bieber possesses the ENFP trait of Extraversion and wants to interact with others through his music and artistry.
“I want girls to hear my music, and I want them to play it again because it makes their hearts feel good.”
What is the harmony between Justin Bieber’s zodiac sign and personality type?
Justin Bieber’s zodiac sign is in perfect harmony with his personality type. Justin was born on March 1st, 1994 which gives him a Pisces zodiac sign. Analyzing Justin’s zodiac sign is not a scientific approach to determining his personality type or character traits, but his Pisces zodiac sign and ENFP personality type characteristics align. Firstly, people born under the pisces constellation are innovative. ENFPs like Justin are well known for their innovation and creativity. Secondly, Pisces people dislike structure. Justin Bieber’s ENFP desire for flexibility and spontaneity match his Pisces rejection of structure. Thirdly, people born under Pisces are emotional. Justin is an emotional ENFP personality and values self-expression.
Who are other ENFPs as singers besides Justin Bieber?
Five ENFP singers besides Justin Bieber are Cher, Stevie Nicks, John Mayer, John Lennon, and Albert Hammon Jr. The list below highlights their notable ENFP characteristics similar to Justin Bieber’s.
- Cher: Justin Bieber and Cher are both famous singers, and they further share the artistry, altruism, and adventurous characteristic that exemplifies the ENFP personality type.
- John Mayer: John Mayer and Justin Bieber share the strong ENFP traits of creativity and artistic expression. Additionally, both John Mayer and Justin Bieber exemplify the ENFPs’ typical spontaneity and rebellion.
- John Lennon: John Lennon is a famed singer-songwriter from the world-famous The Beatles. ustin Bieber and Lennon are quintessential empaths, altruistic, and charming ENFP personalities.
- Stevie Nicks: Stevie Nicks is a famous singer from the popular rock band Fleetwood Mac who demonstrates the ENFP personality type’s typical artistry and altruism in a similar fashion to Justin Bieber.
- Kesha: Kesha exhibits the typical ENFP personality traits like Justin Bieber, such as creativity and empathy. Their mutual ENFP artistry and sensitivity show in their successful solo careers as singer-songwriters.
Who are similar characters to Justin Bieber?
Other characters similar to Justin Bieber are Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Holland, Michael J. Fox, Tom Brady, and Dr. Seuss. The following list defines how these characters and personalities share traits with Justin Bieber as an ENFP personality type.
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen DeGeneres demonstrates her ENFP personality traits through generosity and altruism. Ellen and Justin are known for using their platforms to support various charities and humanitarian causes.
- Tom Holland: Tom Holland and Justin Bieber have similar ENFP traits, such as empathy and creativity. They show their artistry and sensitivity in their different crafts, Tom Holland in his impressive acting skills, and Justin Bieber in his chart-topping songs and performances.
- Michael J. Fox: Michael J. Fox demonstrates quintessential ENFP traits such as empathy and altruism. His sensitivity to what other people are going through pushed him to become heavily involved in activism. Fox’s altruistic endeavors showcase his ENFP’s genuinely caring nature and excellent communication skills.
- Tom Brady: Tom Brady exemplifies the ENFP personality type through his innate altruism. Tom Brady and Justin support and contribute to numerous charities and other philanthropic endeavors.
- Dr. Seuss: Dr. Seuss is a character similar to Justin Bieber and ENFP. Dr. Seuss exhibits the creativity and sensitivity attributed to ENFPs and Justin Bieber. He further shares Justin Bieber’s healthy ENFP trait of having a more reserved nature than typical ENFPs.