Justin Timberlake is a famous singer, songwriter, actor, and ISFP personality type according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Justin Timberlake’s creativity and ability to excel as a pop star and actor line up directly with the Composer ISFP personality type. The artistry and ambition of ISFP personality types are present in Justin Timberlake’s achievement of 10 Grammy awards, 4 Emmy awards, and his 88 million record sales which have made him one of the world’s best-selling music artists with a net worth of over $250 million. Additionally, Justin Timberlake’s accomplishments in the entertainment industry line up with his Enneagram Type 7w6 Enthusiast characteristics. Justin shares the Enthusiast Enneagram Type’s versatility, creative talents, and hard work ethic.View in gallery
Justin Randall Timberlake was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on January 31st, 1981, to parents Lynn Harless, an actress and producer, and Charles Randall Timberlake, a Baptist Church Choir Director. Timberlake grew up surrounded by musicians, and at the age of 11, he began singing gospel and country music, appearing on the American television show Star Search. In 1993 and 1994, Justin was a Mouseketeer on The All-New Mickey Mouse Club, which then led him to become a member of the boy band NSYNC.
Although NSYNC was a massive success, in 2002, Justin performed solo at the MTV Video Music Awards and later released his first album, ultimately setting him up for his successful solo career. Timberlake focused more of his energy on acting starting in 2010, and to date has starred in over 35 movies. Justin Timberlake married American actress Jessica Biel in 2012, and together they share two sons, Silas and Phineas.
The table below offers insight into Justin Timberlake’s MBTI and Enneagram personality types, career highlights, family background, and more.
|Justin Timberlake Personality Type|
|Justin Timberlake Myers-Briggs MBTI Personality Type||ESFP|
|Justin Timberlake Enneagram Type||Enneagram Type 7w6|
|Justin Timberlake Matching Personality Type||ESFJ or ENFJ|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, and actor|
When I’m in the studio, there are no boundaries.
I don’t see myself as someone who’s ever going to be defined by one moment. It’s on to the next.
The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.
|Songs||“Cry Me a River” “Suit & Tie,” “SexyBack,” “Mirrors,” “Can’t Stop the Feeling”|
|Birthdate||January 31, 1981|
|Birthplace||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Father||Charles Randall Timberlake|
|Mother||Janet Lynn Harless|
|Siblings||Laura Timberlake, Jonathan Timberlake, and Stephen Timberlake|
Justin Timberlake’s Personality Type, Enneagram Type and Zodiac Sign, his career, successes, and behaviors in work life, family life, and social life are analyzed according to Enneagram and MBTI Types based on scientific research and studies.
How is Justin Timberlake’s Myers-Briggs (MBTI) analysis?
Justin Timberlake is Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving (ISFP) according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). ISFP personalities are Composers or Adventurers due to their creative and spontaneous approach toward life and work. Five key traits of the ISFP personality type identify Justin Timberlake as a Composer.
- Creative: ISFPs stay true to their nickname the Composers because they excel in the art and entertainment industry. Justin Timberlake has won prestigious awards in both singing and television, and he further uses his talents to act and write songs for other artists.
- Spontaneous: Adventurer personalities are spontaneous, and despite his hectic work schedule, Justin Timberlake prefers to live a life free of structure in his time off.
- Independent: Justin rose to fame in the boy band NSYNC, but he soon realized that he could make it on his own and used his ISFP-independent personality to propel his career. Justin Timberlake’s independent nature fueled his journey to success and helped him become one of the best-selling music artists with five solo albums and 51 singles.
- Go-getting: ISFPs are go-getters and will work extremely hard to get to where they want to be. Over the years, Justin has been motivated to become one of the biggest music stars in the world, and by using his passion and enthusiasm, he has achieved his goal and made it in the music industry.
- Empathetic: As a feeling ISFP personality, Justin Timberlake cares about the emotions of others and tries to improve the lives of those around him in any way he can. Throughout his career, Justin has given back to 32 charities to help sick children, fund cancer research, and provide clean water to those in need.
Which subtype of ISFP is Justin Timberlake?
Justin Timberlake is a Pleaser ISFP-T+. The ISFP-T+ subtype is upbeat, positive, and focused. Justin Timberlake is a character who has goals in mind and will stop at nothing to achieve his dreams. ISFP-T+ Pleasers are driven by notoriety, and Justin has made it his mission to be one of the best-selling music artists of his generation.
What are the personality traits of Justin Timberlake?
Justin Timberlake’s main personality traits as an ISFP are as follows.
- Friendly: ISFPs are approachable and friendly, and they accept others for who they truly are. Throughout Justin’s entire career, he has appreciated his fans and will regularly stop to take photos with anyone who asks.
- Practical: Composers are practical individuals who like to get things done and see the results of their hard work. Justin puts in the necessary effort and time to make his dreams a reality, and we can see that throughout his entire career achievements.
- Artistic: ISFPs are natural artists, and Justin has used this personality trait to succeed in singing, acting, television, and songwriting.
- Charming: Adventurers are likable people with charming personalities and Justin maintains a reputation for having charisma and swagger.
- Reserved: ISFPs are reserved prefer the company of small groups as opposed to large crowds. Justin has spoken publicly about how he has always been shy and prefers to be on his own, which is common for introverted personalities.
How is Justin Timberlake’s personality type in family life?
Justin Timberlake’s ISFP personality makes him caring, warm, and fun in his family life. Timberlake shares two sons, Silas and Phineas, with his wife Jessica Biel. Justin’s commitment to caring for his family shows through his efforts to keep his children’s life private to give them the best upbringing he can. Furthermore, Justin is a fun-loving dad who goes above and beyond to keep his children happy, from dressing up in family Halloween costumes to simply being in the moment and ensuring his kids feel seen and heard. Justin’s 2018 album Man of the Woods is an example of his love for his family because it is dedicated to his son Silas. Man of the Woods is a love letter from Justin to his family that highlights Justin’s desire to be a strong father and husband.
How is Justin Timberlake’s personality in work life?
Justin Timberlake’s ISFP personality shows in his work life through his drive, affability, and artistic innovation. The ISFP Type 7 combination is highly-focused, versatile, and approachable, and 7s excel in careers that revolve around music. Justin Timberlake has used his ISFP Type 7 personality in his favor and went from performing on a Disney Channel show to winning various prestigious awards for both his singing and acting. For example, his creativity and innovation have led him to work with artists such as Beyoncé and Chris Stapleton.
How is Justin Timberlake’s personality in social life?
Justin Timberlake’s ISFP personality shows in his social life because he is reserved, calm, and independent. Justin Timberlake is a quiet character who prefers to socialize with a small group of friends and tries to avoid large social situations as much as possible. For example, Justin chooses to live out of the bustle of Hollywood and resides in Montana to satisfy his desire for a private life.
Is Justin Timberlake an ISFP?
Yes, Justin Timberlake is an ISFP. Justin exhibits common ISFP traits of being independent, approachable, focused, and empathetic. ISFPs are introverted individuals who understand other people’s emotions, live life in a spontaneous manner, and make decisions based on the things they can actually see in front of them. Timberlake shows his independent personality trait by deciding to take his career solo and preference for a quiet life in the country. The pop star displays the likable traits of an ISFP with his approachable characteristic because he is always willing to talk to his fans. Justin shows his ISFP focus as he achieved his goal of making it in the music industry. Finally, Justin shows his empathetic ISFP nature by giving back to various charities to help those less fortunate.
What is the best matching personality type for Justin Timberlake?
The best matching personality type for Justin Timberlake and other ISFP personalities is an ESFJ or ENFJ. ISFP personalities are introverts and have different approaches to social situations compared to an extraverted ESFJ or ENFJ. The different personality types complement and benefit each other tremendously. Extroverts will help introverts come out of their shell and socialize with people on a larger scale, whereas introverts will teach extroverts how to build more meaningful and loyal relationships with those closest to them. Firstly, ISFPs and ESFJs share Sensing and Feeling traits that help them understand how the other is feeling and the ways they process information. The ISFPs perceiving personality encourages the ESFJ to live life more spontaneously and say yes to things that happen unexpectedly. The ESFJ, on the other hand, helps the ISFP slow down and create more structure in their life, whether that be personally or professionally. Secondly, ENFJs and ISFPs only share their Feeling characteristics, which allows them to understand the other’s emotions. The difference in their iNtuitive and Sensing traits means that they can show their partner different ways of processing information. The ISFP brings the ENFJ back down to earth and the ENFJ motivates the ISFP to be more imaginative and abstract.
Which Enneagram type is Justin Timberlake?
Justin Timberlake is an Enneagram Type 7. Enneagram Type 7’s are called Enthusiasts because they’re spontaneous, high-spirited, playful, and flexible. Justin Timberlake demonstrates many traits that we associate with an Enneagram Type 7, with one of the most obvious being his adaptability. For example, Justin has done exceptionally well in more than one profession, moving from singing and dancing to acting. By looking at Justin Timberlake’s Enneagram Type, we can see that his enneagram wing leans towards Type 6. The Enneagram 7w6 is more committed, hard-working, and responsible, and although Justin is a spontaneous ISFP when it comes to his work, he is dedicated and focused, likely because of his Type 6 wing.
What is the Enneagram type level of Justin Timberlake?
Justin Timberlake’s Enneagram Type level is level 3. All Enneagram types have nine health levels that exist under one of three health states. The lowest health level is an unhealthy level of 9, and the highest health level is a healthy level of 1. Justin is a healthy Enneagram Type 7 that rests at a level 3. Healthy level 3 Enneagram type 7’s are accomplished achievers who are multi-talented, productive, and enjoy trying out different areas of interest. From singing, dancing, acting, TV hosting, and songwriting, Justin Timberlake has showcased his healthy level Enneagram type 7 through his many talents and motivation to never give up until he reaches his goals.
What are the wings for Enneagram type of Justin Timberlake?
The wings for the Enneagram type 7 of Justin Timberlake are Type 6 and Type 8. Justin Timberlake has a dominant Enneagram 7w6 and displays Type 6’s productivity over the usual Type 7 impulsivity. Enneagram Type 7w8 is more extroverted, assertive, and domineering, whereas Enneagram Type 7w6 is more introverted and often anxious. Justin Timberlake’s personality reveals him as an Enneagram 7w6 who works hard, enjoys new experiences, and is ultimately self-reliant.
How does Justin Timberlake’s personality affect his career?
Justin Timberlake’s personality affects his career success because he is multi-talented, practical, artistic, and observant. Justin is driven and has a versatile ISFP personality that makes him well-suited for his work in the music industry, film, and TV industries. Over the years, Justin has grown from being a child actor on The All-New Mickey Mouse Club to becoming the leader of one of the most successful early 2000s boybands, NSYNC. Justin is now an even more successful solo artist with 10 Grammy awards throughout his entire career. Justin’s ability to adapt to new experiences further led him to be a promising actor and TV host, with four Emmys under his belt for his time on Saturday Night Live. Moreover, Justin went on to star in various movies, including In Time, Friends with Benefits, and Bad Teacher.
How do Justin Timberlake’s songs reflect his character?
Justin Timberlake’s songs reflect his character as an ISFP by highlighting his emotional sensitivity, and pleasant personality. For example, Justin’s song “What Goes Around…Comes Around” describes his emotional sensitivity at the hands of a cheating lover. The Grammy Award-winning song features the following lyrics, “should’ve known better when you came around, that you were going to make me cry. Now it’s breaking my heart to watch you run around, ‘cause I know that you’re living a lie.” Justin’s song lyrics reflect his pleasant and fun-loving personality. For example, Justin’s song “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” sheds light on his affability with the lyrics “I got that sunshine in my pocket. Got that good soul in my feet.”
How does Justin Timberlake’s acting career reflect his character?
Justin Timberlake’s acting career reflects his character because the singer’s ISFP and Enneagram Type 7 personality traits allow him to adapt to many roles. ISFPs and Enneagram Type 7s are artistic individuals who can excel in more than one profession. Justin originally set out to be a singer, but over the years, he expanded his portfolio and starred in various movies and TV-hosting appearances. Additionally, Justin’s acting career reflects his ISFP character by influencing his chosen roles. For example, ISFP personality types are pragmatic and Justin displays pragmatism through his acting choices. Justin works on his own schedule and chooses not to overwhelm himself with work.
How do quotes of Justin Timberlake reflect his Character?
The following four quotes of Justin Timberlake reflect his ISFP personality.
- Justin Timberlake displays his introverted ISFP nature in the following quote.
“The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.”
- Justin Timberlake exhibits the common traits of an introverted ISFP personality in the quote below.
“When I’m not on stage, I’m kind of shy. If you see me and I don’t say much, don’t think I’m not taking in what you have to say. I’m just not a big talker.”
- Justin Timberlake describes the ISFP personality type’s approachable and appreciative traits by explaining his gratitude for his fans in the quote below.
“The fans have been great to me. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have me sign something for them.”
- Justin Timberlake showcases his multi-talented, hard-working, and versatile ISFP personality in the following quote.
“When I was a kid, I played basketball religiously. I begged my mom to get me voice lessons because I wanted to learn to sing the right way, but at the same time, I was playing Junior Olympic basketball, and I was playing point guard for my school. But I wanted to get into entertainment, into music and film and television.”
What is the harmony between Justin Timberlake’s Zodiac sign and his personality type?
Justin Timberlake is an ISFP personality type and an Aquarius, which are harmonious with one another. There isn’t an exact way to compare one’s personality type with their Zodiac, however, but looking at the shared traits and characteristics, we can begin to see if there are any connections and similarities. For example, Justin displays the common ISFP traits of independence, humanitarianism, and creative artistry. ISFP personality types and Aquarius people share a strong sense of independence, empathy for others, and creativity. For example, Steven Spielberg is another ISFP personality type with an Aquarius Zodiac sign. Justin and Steven share a passion for artistic expression and humanitarianism as seen through their careers and philanthropic outreach.
Who are other ISFP singers besides Justin Timberlake?
Below are five other ISFP singers besides Justin Timberlake.
- Mariah Carey: Mariah Carey is an ISFP singer besides Justin Timberlake who uses her versatile and hard-working personality to excel in singing, songwriting, and acting.
- Amy Winehouse: ISFP singer Amy Winehouse was independent, creative, and warm. Despite her struggles with drug and alcohol addiction, Amy was ambitious and quickly became one of the best singers of her generation.
- Lana Del Ray: Lana Del Ray is an American singer-songwriter who has used her ISFP personality traits of empathy to give back millions of dollars to charities in order to help people all over the world.
- Lady Gaga: Lady Gaga may initially seem like an extrovert with her on-stage persona, but in her day-to-day life, in true ISFP fashion, she prefers to keep herself private.
- James Arthur: James Arthur is an English singer-songwriter who used his creative, unique, and independent sound to win the X Factor in 2012.
Who are similar characters to Justin Timberlake with the ISFP personality type?
Below are five similar characters to Justin Timberlake with the ISFP personality type.
- Steven Spielberg: Steven Spielberg is an American movie producer and actor who is a famous ISFP with a caring, sensitive nature. Spielberg prefers to be in his own company as opposed to large groups, typical of an ISFP.
- Frida Kahlo: Frida Kahlo was a Mexican painter who regularly painted herself instead of others due to her ISFP personality trait of introversion.
- Marilyn Monroe: Marilyn Monroe is a famous actress and ISFP who lived life in a bold and spontaneous way but did so with empathy which are common traits for Composers.
- Brad Pitt: Brad Pitt is a famous actor who is passionate, enjoys expressing himself, and cares for others, which he and his ex-wife made clear when they adopted three of their six children from orphanages in Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
- Ryan Gosling: Ryan Gosling is an ISFP actor who has used his versatile personality to star in numerous movies linked to different genres.