Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman is an American actress and singer with the ENFJ personality type (known as “The Giver”) according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). Zendaya is an ENFJ because her personality is rooted in the following four dominant attitudes. Firstly, Zendaya is an Extravert (E). The singer is a highly sociable person who thrives in large social gatherings. Secondly, Zendaya is iNtuitive (N), which means that she has a broad vision and does not like to obsess over little details. Thirdly, the actress is a Feeling (F) type, meaning that her intrinsic code of ethics generally trumps logical thought. Finally, Zendaya has a Judging (J) personality, which causes her to lead a structured life in which bouts of spontaneity are few and far in between. Zendaya’s Giver personality type infuses her life with great vigor, enthusiasm, and optimism, as ENFJs see the positive in any situation. Zendaya’s Enneagram type is 6 with a wing 7, reinforcing her ENFJ personality, as 6w7 people tend to be extraverted and adventurous. Zendaya is an emotionally raw, extroverted, and charismatic actress whose traits align with Enneagram 6w7. Fans know Zendaya as an authentic, passionate, optimistic, and creative person who stands up for her beliefs and uses her platform in film, music, and literature to uplift others.
Zendaya Coleman is an American actress, singer, producer, and book author who skyrocketed to popularity on the Disney Show Shake It Up. Zendaya’s fame continues its upward trajectory with her appearances on Dune, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and Euphoria. Zendaya won an Emmy for her performance in Euphoria and is the youngest person ever to receive an Emmy in the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series category. Zendaya is only the second Black woman to receive the award.
Zendaya was born on September 1, 1996, in Oakland, California to mother, Claire Stoermer, and father, Kazembe Ajamu Coleman. She has five brothers and sisters, including Austin Stoermer Coleman, Katianna Stoermer Coleman, Annabella Stoermer Coleman, Julien Stoermer Coleman, and Kaylee Stoermer Coleman. Zendaya often credits her large family for her groundedness even amid Hollywood fame. Her mother’s involvement in the theater scene in Oakland significantly contributed to Zendaya’s interest in the performing arts.
The table below outlines Zendaya’s MBTI and Enneagram personality type, notable quotes, and family relations.
|Zendaya Personality Type|
|Zendaya MBTI Personality||ENFJ|
|Zendaya Enneagram Type||6w7|
|Zendaya Matching Personality Type||INFP and INTP|
|Occupation||Actress, Singer, Producer, Author|
Let’s practice motivation and love, not discrimination and hate.
The greatest of the greats wouldn’t be the greatest of the greats if they didn’t try stuff, you know?
Find something that makes you happy and go for it.
There are so many great things in life. Why dwell on negativity?
If there’s any definition to being perfect, you’re perfect at being yourself.
|Songs||Replay, All of Us|
|Birthdate||September 1, 1996|
|Father||Kazembe Ajamu Coleman|
|Siblings||Austin Stoermer Coleman, Katianna Stoermer Coleman, Annabella Stoermer Coleman, Julien Stoermer Coleman, and Kaylee Stoermer Coleman|
Zendaya’s personality type, Enneagram type, Zodiac sign, her career, successes, and behaviors in work life, family life, and social life are analyzed according to Enneagram and MBTI based on scientific research and studies.
How is Zendaya’s Myer-Briggs (MBTI) analysis?
Zendaya’s MBTI analysis reveals that she is an ENFJ personality type. An MBTI-based assessment of Zendaya’s traits shows that she has Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging attitudes. People with ENFJ types of personalities are caring, enthusiastic, idealistic, and skilled communicators. Below is an overview of Zendaya’s four most defining personality traits, and how they align with her MBTI personality type.
- Idealism: ENFJs like Zendaya are eternal optimists thanks to the combination of vision and empathy that stems from their iNtuitive and Feeling attitudes. ENFJs prefer to visualize the best-case scenario and focus on the good things in life rather than the negatives. Zendaya exhibits this idealism whenever she speaks on social issues. For example, when there was a critique of her locks at the Oscars, she called out the critic but ended on a positive, uplifting, and idealistic note. Zendaya displays her idealism during press conferences and interviews, where she always speaks about remaining positive and optimistic, even when times are tough.
- Charisma: ENFJs like Zendaya are charming, eloquent speakers whose communication skills and charisma are rooted in their extraverted nature, and are often used to inspire others to grow. Zendaya’s charm comes in handy in her performances and at public events, and she takes full advantage of her charisma to advance her career. For example, Zendaya negotiated getting a producer role on the show K.C. upon her return to Disney, and convinced music executives to record and release the song Replay, which then reached number forty on the United States Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Ambition: Zendaya demonstrates typical ENFJ ambition, which stems from the personality type’s intrinsic desire to be successful. Zendaya’s ambition and enthusiasm manifest in her drive to take on bigger and bigger undertakings. For example, she moved from Disney shows to an HBO show, and now she’s regularly taking on large blockbuster movie projects.
- Compassion: Zendaya is highly driven to make the world a better place, and her compassion is a classic ENFJ trait that takes root in the Feeling attitude. ENFJs like Zendaya actively work to improve the world and social conditions for humans and animals. The actress demonstrates compassion through the multiple charity organizations she supports, like the American Heart Association, the American Stroke Association, PETA, and Communities in School.
Zendaya’s extraverted, intuitive, feeling, and judging traits confirm that she’s an ENFJ, which is one of the rarest of the sixteen MBTI personality types. ENFJs like Zendaya account for roughly 3% of the United States population, and are the fourth-least prevalent personality type after INTJ, INFJ, and ENTJ.
Which subtype of ENFJ is Zendaya?
Zendaya is the ENFJ-A- subtype, which is known as “The Fighter”. ENFJs with a Fighter subtype, like Zendaya, are fiercely independent and highly driven to succeed. Zendaya belongs to The Fighter subtype for two reasons. Firstly, Zendaya has a free-spirited, nonconforming personality, which is evident in her tendency to challenge social norms that she finds unacceptable. Zendaya demonstrates her unwavering commitment to her ethics multiple times, such as when she called out people at the Oscars over racist comments. Zendaya called out their racist behavior despite immense pressure in our tense social and political climate. Zendaya’s loyalty to her ethics stands out through bravery when standing up for herself and others. Secondly, Zendaya is highly ambitious in professional life, which is evident in her meteoric rise to fame. Despite this quintessential drive that all ENFJ-A- subtypes share, Zendaya retains The Givers’ gentler qualities and notably their humility. Being humble and self-critical have been essential factors in the actress’s success in Hollywood. For example, the director of Euphoria once said that during filming, Zendaya tends to get self-critical if she doesn’t succeed on the first take. The director and Zendaya spent a lot of time trying to continue working despite these self-critical barriers. The result was an awe-inspiring performance that eventually won Zendaya an Emmy.
What are the personality traits of Zendaya?
Below are the five fundamental personality traits of Zendaya.
- Creativity: Zendaya is an incredibly creative artist who is able to thrive across different artistic mediums. As a highly extroverted ENFJ, Zendaya effortlessly delivers exciting cinematic performances while simultaneously releasing chart-topping pop songs. She is additionally creative in her wardrobe and her trendy fashion sense is becoming as well-known as her musical and acting talents.
- Compassion: Zendaya is known for being compassionate toward her fans and the Black community, which is a manifestation of The Giver’s Feeling attitude. She uses her platform to lift others and to represent the Black community in film and television while emphasizing the importance of celebrities using their public role to improve the world.
- Self-Criticism: Zendaya is a bit self-critical, which often hampers her performances at the beginning of film shoots. However, this ability to promptly identify and correct her mistakes has helped the actress advance her career in film and music.
- Confidence: Zendaya is highly confident and takes on new projects with ease and grace. The actress exudes confidence whether she’s producing her first show or giving an interview.
- Leadership: Zendaya often takes on a leadership role in projects, such as Euphoria, in which she was an executive producer. Her innate confidence and charisma as a performer additionally help Zendaya lead her fans to be the best versions of themselves.
How is Zendaya’s personality type in family life?
Zendaya’s personality type in her family life is empathetic and nurturing. Zendaya stays largely private about her family life, but love and respect for her siblings and parents are on full display nonetheless. For example, the rare occasions when Zendaya speaks of her family, or when she interacts with them on red carpets, show that she has a harmonious and respectful relationship with her loved ones. Striving for family harmony is a typical ENFJ trait, and The Giver children like Zendaya often see good family relations as the cornerstone of their idealism and beliefs as they mature.
How is Zendaya’s personality in work life?
Zendaya’s personality in work life plays a major role in her success and popularity in three ways. Firstly, Zendaya uses her public role to channel her idealism. Givers like Zendaya believe that everyone’s voices should be heard, so the actress strongly advocates for social causes in her art and in public appearances, all while remaining graceful and optimistic. Speaking out publicly on behalf of people facing racism and other forms of oppression has gained Zendaya a large number of fans among the progressive-leaning Generation Secondly, Zendaya is a natural leader, as all ENFJs tend to be thanks to their drive, charisma, and desire to change things for the better. Zendaya was the youngest woman to ever be nominated for producing at the Emmys, a feat that demonstrates the young star’s ability to lead creative teams successfully. Zendaya clearly enjoys holding leadership positions, as she continues to work as a producer in Hollywood. Thirdly, Zendaya is a hardworking and highly productive artist. ENFJs are capable of a high work output, especially when their enterprise aligns with their vision. Givers like Zendaya have a prominent Judging trait, which allows them to structure their professional activities in the most effective manner and complete tasks quickly. Zendaya’s lengthy filmography and portfolio of other artistic and business ventures are a testament to the artist’s innate productivity.
How is Zendaya’s personality in social life?
Zendaya’s personality in social life has four key characteristics. Firstly, Zendaya is highly sociable, as all ENFJs are. Zendaya thrives in large groups of people, on stage, and in the public eye. Secondly, Zendaya has the classic ENFJ longing for peace and harmony, which is why she responds to public criticism with optimism and kindness. Thirdly, Zendaya is a typical Giver who tries to help her friends, family, and others in her social circle grow and achieve their full potential. Finally, Zendaya is deeply loyal to those in her social circle. For example, Zendaya attended a birthday party for her assistant and friend Darnell Appling with her Dune co-star, Timothée Chalamet. Loyalty in ENFJs stems from their Feeling trait and the deeply held system of values it entails.
Is Zendaya an ENFJ?
Yes, Zendaya is an ENFJ personality type. Zendaya exhibits the key ENFJ personality traits of sociability, vision, empathy, and a preference for structure in her professional, social, and private lives. Zendaya feels perfectly comfortable among large groups of people and in the public eye and exudes the telltale ENFJ charisma. The singer’s vision and empathy are reflected in her strong sense of idealism and her philanthropic efforts related to social justice. Zendaya’s highly productive professional life and preference for assuming executive leadership positions showcases the artist’s masterful ability to organize her tasks and reveals a knack for project management.
What is the best matching personality type for Zendaya?
The best matching personality types for Zendaya are INFP and INTP for three reasons. Firstly, ENFJ, INFP, and INTP have a strong emotional compatibility. INTPs and INFPs are introverted and less emotionally expressive than Givers like Zendaya, but they still seek out authentic connection and understanding. Meanwhile, Zendaya’s empathy creates a warm, welcoming environment for every personality to express themselves. Secondly, all three matching personalities share a desire for growth and achievement and pursue these ambitions relentlessly. INTP and INFP personality types would appreciate Zendaya’s ambition and vigor and feel that they’re able to grow through life together. Thirdly, INFP and INTP personalities share Zendaya’s innate artistic impulse and often pursue creativity professionally and personally. ENFJs, INTPs, and INFPs feel fulfilled in a relationship where they’re creatively empowered because ingenuity and arts are central to their core values.
Which enneagram type is Zendaya?
Zendaya is an Enneagram type six with a seven wing (6w7), which is known as “The Loyalist”. ENFJ Enneagram type six personality types are deeply loyal, helpful individuals who value fairness. Zendaya’s 7 wing adds a jolt of energy and sociability to this complex personality style, and this trait aligns with her extraversion. Loyalists like Zendaya care about the people in their social circle, thrive on spending time with them and go out of their way to support them in their personal growth. The primary weakness of an ENFJ with a 6w7 Enneatype is the self-doubt that often accompanies perceived professional and personal failures, a tendency that manifests in Zendaya’s self-criticism. However, Zendaya utilizes self-criticism as a strength, as it helps her overcome weaknesses and constantly improve herself as an artist.
What is the Enneagram-type level of Zendaya?
The Enneagram-type level of Zendaya is 1, or “Healthy”. Enneagram levels measure each type’s stage of development and fall into three categories: healthy, average, and unhealthy. The table below provides an overview of the three categories and nine levels of the Enneagram.
|Healthy||1-3||Healthy Enneagram type 6s are positive, courageous, independent, and have innate leadership abilities.|
|Average||4-6||Average Enneagram type 6s need structure and stability, a desire that manifests itself in their professional and personal lives|
|Unhealthy||4-6||Unhealthy Enneagram type 6s are paranoid, self-destructive, and often suicidal.|
Healthy Enneagram type 6s like Zendaya are confident and self-reliant people who form deep emotional bonds with their loved ones while retaining their independence and seeking out leadership roles. Zendaya’s healthy Enneagram level has fueled her immense success as an actress, producer, author, and singer due to her unwavering confidence and determination.
What are the wings for the Enneagram type of Zendaya?
Zendaya has an Enneagram type 7 wing, which makes her a sociable and optimistic person. Enneatypes 6 with a 7 wing uplift those around them and help everyone work towards a common goal. 6w7 Enneatypes like Zendaya thrive in collaborative environments that provide them with stability. Enneatypes with a 7 wing are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and playful, but they balance out this playfulness with a hands-on attitude.
How does Zendaya’s personality affect her career?
Zendaya’s ENFJ personality affects her career by leading her to set high standards and take on a great variety of projects simultaneously. Zendaya entered the film and entertainment business early as a child and has seen considerable success in her acting career due to the ambitious nature of her ENFJ personality. Her career ambitions were clear from an early age, with roles such as her breakthrough performance in Disney’s Shake it Up. The Disney star went on to produce and star in her own Disney Channel Original Series, K.C. Zendaya’s career choices demonstrate her enterprising nature and showcase her many talents, including singing, dancing, and acting. For example, Zendaya took part in the 16th season of Dancing with the Stars and earned the title of the youngest contestant to compete on the show as of 2016. Zendaya demonstrates her talents off the silver screen with her 2013 pop release “Replay,” which landed in the top 40 of the Billboard 100 top songs. However, Zendaya’s high standards and ambitions didn’t emerge until her portrayal of Rue in the HBO hit Euphoria, which led to her Emmy nomination. Zendaya has since starred in blockbuster hits such as Dune and Spider-Man: No Way Home. Zendaya’s ENFJ MBTI personality helped her achieve success in her career as it fueled her ambition to keep climbing up the ranks in Hollywood. Zendaya’s MBTI personality allows her to take charge and work in a multitude of powerful roles, such as a producer on the Disney Channel. She’s quoted as saying she only wanted to return to Disney if she was going to be in a position of power, to make sure that her voice was heard, which shows her idealism and inherent desire to lead.
How do Zendaya’s songs reflect her character?
Zendaya’s songs reflect her character by demonstrating her positivity and vigor for life. For example, her biggest song was the 2013 hit “Replay,” which demonstrates her joie de vivre and sheer charisma, as at first, music producers did not want her to record the song. Despite there being pushback from producers, Zendaya is able to convince them to record and release the song. Zendaya’s determination and enthusiasm for life are the driving force behind her song “Replay.” Additionally, Zendaya’s charismatic personality shines through over her pop beats.
How do quotes from Zendaya reflect her character?
Quotes from Zendaya reflect her character by showcasing her idealism, ambition, and compassion. Below are the five most iconic quotes that demonstrate the singer’s character traits.
- Those with an ENFJ personality type feel great joy and fulfillment when they guide people to evolve into the best versions of themselves. Zendaya’s quote about moving toward a more loving space is very reflective of her character. She implores her fans and the people who watched this interview to practice love and lean into the best versions of themselves. The above below is indicative of Zendaya’s character and her ENFJ personality trait.
“Let’s practice motivation and love, not discrimination and hate.”
- People with the ENFJ personality trait strive to positively impact the world around them and always try to be better and do the right thing. Zendaya’s drive and aspiration for greatness are present in the following quote.
“The greatest of the greats wouldn’t be the greatest of the greats if they didn’t try stuff, you know?”
- Idealism is a central principle of ENFJ personality traits. ENFJs are optimists who prefer to see the best in every situation, and Zendaya suggests that others should likewise pursue relentless optimism, positivity, and happiness. The following quote exemplifies Zendaya’s idealism, vigor, and enthusiasm for life.
“Find something that makes you happy and go for it.”
- Zendaya recognizes negativity and bad things in the world, but she leans on her optimism and tries to uplift others to follow her optimism. Zendaya’s quote below reminds her fans not to dwell on the negatives in life but instead to focus on the great things.
“There are so many great things in life. Why dwell on negativity?”
- Zendaya shows her compassion and idealism through her belief that while people will never be perfect, as they are already perfect at being themselves, as seen in the quote below.
“If there’s any definition to being perfect, you’re perfect at being yourself.”
What is the harmony between Zendaya’s zodiac sign and her personality type?
There is great harmony between Zendaya’s zodiac sign and her personality type. Zendaya was born on September 1, 1996, at 6:01 p.m. E.T. in Oakland, California, making her a clever, analytical, and detail-oriented Virgo. Virgos are perfectionist and analytical, with a desire for self-improvement and a strong sense of helpfulness towards others. People who fall under the Virgo sign are highly attuned to the ingredients that make up a whole, particularly in food and everything else. Zendaya is a patient Virgo zodiac sign who continuously believes in the best in people and gives people and situations the benefit of the doubt. Zendaya’s ENFJ personality is grounded, humble, charismatic, and idealistic, which suits Virgo, as Virgos are known for being kind and altruistic.
Who are other ENFJ actors besides Zendaya?
Below are five other ENFJ actors besides Zendaya.
- Drake: Aubrey Drake Graham (known professionally as Drake) is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. He initially fell into the public eye with his breakout role in Degrassi and is now known as one of the highest-selling musicians ever. His ambition and vigor are similar to Zendaya’s and likewise reveal his ENFJ personality.
- Demi Lovato: Singer and actress Demetria Devonne Lovato is emblematic of the ambitious and productive ENFJ personality, and has released seven studio albums and has sold over 50 million records worldwide. They have provided support for various social and philanthropic causes, such as promoting mental health awareness and advocating for LGBTQ+ rights. Lovato demonstrates great bravery and loyalty to their beliefs as they are one of the only gender-fluid and nonbinary people in the public eye.
- RuPaul: American drag queen and T.V. personality RuPaul is the epitome of a classic ENFJ personality. He’s deeply charismatic and cares about social issues so much that he leveraged his reality show, RuPaul’s Drag Race, to pave the way for cultural acceptance for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Oprah Winfrey: Oprah Winfrey has strong ENFJ personality traits, including extraversion and generosity. Oprah is best known for her talk show that ran from 1986 to 2011, but she acted in roles such as Ellen’s therapist on the 90s sitcom Ellen.
- Emma Stone: Actress Emma Stone has exhibited central ENFJ personality traits, such as compassion and generosity. Time Magazine named Emma Stone one of the top 100 most influential people in the world, and the actress regularly works to reduce stereotypes in the mental health world.
Who are similar characters to Zendaya?
Below are four similar characters to Zendaya.
- Barack Obama: The former President of the United States President Barack Obama led two winning elections and then the entire United States with his impeccable leadership skills and charisma. The ex-president is a well document ENFJ, much like Zendaya.
- Meghan Markle: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is a classic ENFJ personality due to her natural leadership and passion for charity work.
- Harry Styles: Singer and actor Harry Styles exhibits strong ENFJ personality traits, such as creativity and generosity, which he shares with Zendaya.
- Maya Angelou: Maya Angelou was an American author, poet, civil rights activist, and an ENFJ. She authored seven autobiographies, three essay collections, and numerous poetry collections, and is credited with a range of plays, movies, and TV shows spanning over 50 years.