King Charles III quotes are not in short supply. The former Prince of Wales has been a vocal champion for many years, and now the new King promises to be a voice for his people.
View in gallery
Something as curious as the monarchy won’t survive unless you take account of people’s attitudes. After all, if people don’t want it, they won’t have it.
As his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, saw the United Kingdom and its commonwealth through periods of significant change and hardship, the king now also faces a similar task. The world has changed dramatically in the last few years, and England, much like many others, is a country on its knees. King Charles III takes the reigns as the figurehead for a country being rebuilt from the ashes of its former glory.
The following collection of King Charles’s quotes accurately captures the king’s personality. From fighting for the environment and the general health of his people, King Charles promises to lead as his mother did.
Funny King Charles quotes
Below are eight funny King Charles quotes that prove the monarch has his mother’s wicked sense of humour.
1. I just come and talk to the plants, really – very important to talk to them, they respond, I find.
2. There’s nothing like a jolly good disaster to get people to start doing something.
3. Do you seriously expect me to be the first Prince of Wales in history not to have a mistress?
4. You don’t want to see me all the time. You get bored.
5. As long as I do not take myself too seriously, I should not be too badly off.
6. The whole imposing edifice of modern medicine is like the celebrated tower of Pisa — slightly off balance.
7. As you may possibly have noticed from time to time, I have tended to make a habit of sticking my head above the parapet and generally getting it shot off for pointing out what has always been blindingly obvious to me.
8. Father told me that if I ever met a lady in a dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes.
Prince Charles quotes about the queen
The following four Prince Charles quotes about the queen speak volumes for the respect Charles shared for his mother.
9. Throughout her life, Her Majesty The Queen — my beloved Mother — was an inspiration and example to me and to all my family, and we owe her the most heartfelt debt any family can owe to their mother; for her love, affection, guidance, understanding and example.
10. Queen Elizabeth’s was a life well lived, a promise with destiny kept, and she is mourned most deeply in her passing.
11. She made sacrifices for duty. Her dedication and devotion was sovereign, never wavered, through times of change and progress, through times of joy and celebration, and through times of sadness and loss. In her life of service, we saw that abiding love of tradition, together with that fearless embrace of progress, which makes us great as a nation. The affection, admiration, and respect she inspired became the hallmark of her reign. And, as every member of my family can testify, she combined these qualities with warmth, humor, and an unerring ability always to see the best in people.
12. The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family. We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother.
King Charles quotes about Princess Diana
The following five King Charles quotes about Princess Diana show the range of emotions that always surrounded their relationship.
13. [When asked about his wedding day] We still cannot get over what happened that day. Neither of us can get over the atmosphere; it was electric, I felt, and so did my wife … It made us both extraordinarily proud to be British.
14. Whatever happens, I will always love you.
15. [Charles referencing his marriage to Princess Diana] Faithful and honourable until it became irretrievably broken down, us both having tried.
16. [When asked about how he and Diana will raise their children] We discuss it, but that’s a matter for us, isn’t it? It’s not a matter for other people to decide how our children should be educated or brought up, but you can bet your bottom dollar, they will all interfere and they will all say.
17. [On Diana’s death] They’re all going to blame me, aren’t they? The world’s going to go completely mad, isn’t it?
Prince of Wales quotes on the environment
Below are six Prince of Wales quotes on the environment. Each of the quotes captures the depth of the new King’s championing for the planet.
18. We’re busily wrecking the chances for future generations at a rapid rate of knots by not recognizing the damage we’re doing to the natural environment, bearing in mind that this is the only planet that we know has any life on it.
19. On an increasingly crowded planet, humanity faces many threats – but none is greater than climate change. It magnifies every hazard and tension of our existence.
20. We need to be realistic. There is very little we can do now to stop the ice from disappearing from the North Pole in the summer. And we probably cannot prevent the melting of the permafrost and the resulting release of methane. In addition, I fear that we may be too late to help the oceans maintain their ability to absorb carbon dioxide.
21. We can halt the destruction of the world’s rainforests — and even restore parts of them — in order to ensure that the forests do what they are so good at — in other words, storing carbon naturally.
22. It is baffling, I must say, that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells us about everything — until, that is, it comes to climate science.
23. We’re busily wrecking the chances for future generations at a rapid rate of knots by not recognizing the damage we’re doing to the natural environment, bearing in mind that this is the only planet that we know has any life on it.
King Charles quotes on architecture
The following four King Charles quotes on architecture show the Prince of Wales has a keen eye for design.
24. You have to give this much to the Luftwaffe: when it knocked down our buildings it did not replace them with anything more offensive than rubble. We did that.
25. As technology advances at an alarming pace, the place of drawing remains as valid as ever in the creation of art and architecture.
26. Why can’t we have those curves and arches that express feeling in design? What is wrong with them? Why has everything got to be vertical, straight, unbending, only at right angles – and functional?
27. A large number of us have developed a feeling that architects tend to design houses for the approval of fellow architects and critics, not for the tenants.
King Charles quotes on technology
The following three King Charles quotes on technology prove that the monarch has an appreciative caution for the modern world.
28. The mistake is to think that clever technology can solve everything, but it can’t solve our relationship with nature, which is where I think it’s gone wrong in that we have somehow abandoned our proper connection with nature.
29. We are not the technology. It should be our – you know, our slave, the technology. But it’s rapidly becoming our master in many areas, I think.
30. There is no doubt that we live in an age of unprecedented, and sometimes terrifying, technological advances where the speed of advance so often outstrips the necessary ethical considerations.
Inspirational Prince Charles quotes
Below are nine inspirational Prince Charles quotes exemplify the rousing, big-thinking nature of England’s new king.
31. I believe passionately that everyone has a particular God-given ability.
32. Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future.
33. I miss my grandmother every day. I miss her vitality, her interest in the lives of others, her courage and determination, her perceptive wisdom, her calm in the face of all difficulties, her steadfast belief in the British people and above all her unstoppable sense of mischievous humour.
34. As human beings, we suffer from an innate tendency to jump to conclusions; to judge people too quickly, and to pronounce them failures or heroes without due consideration of the actual facts and ideals of the period.
35. I think we’d be very foolish to expect that we can just import everything from somewhere else and imagine that that’s going to last forever and ever and ever.
36. If you think about your and my grandchildren, this is what really worries me. I don’t want them – if I’m still alive by then – to say, ‘Why didn’t you do something about it?’, when you could have done.
37. If your children want to alter society, listen to their reasons and the idealism behind them. Don’t crush them with some clever remark straight away.
38. The sustainability revolution will, hopefully, be the third major social and economic turning point in human history, following the Neolithic Revolution — moving from hunter-gathering to farming — and the Industrial Revolution.
39. When people are uncertain about what is right and what is wrong and anxious about being considered old-fashioned, it seems to be worse than folly that Christians are still arguing about doctrinal matters, which can only bring needless distress to a number of people.
Honest Prince Charles quotes about being a royal heir
The following five Prince Charles quotes about being a royal heir shows the monarch’s empathetic personality.
40. I’ve had this extraordinary feeling, for years and years, ever since I can remember really, of wanting to heal and make things better.
41. I feel more than anything else it’s my duty to worry about everybody and their lives in this country, to try to find a way of improving things if I possibly can.
42. [When asked about stepping aside to let William rule] If you chuck away too many things, you end up discovering there was value in them.
43. [Prince Charles comparing a shopping trip to those eager for William to be given the crown] I remember there were an enormous number of people who were trying to get in, as they were waiting for me to get out. Story of my life…
44. I … solemnly pledge myself throughout the remaining time God grants me to uphold the constitutional principles at the heart of our nation. And wherever you may live in the United Kingdom or in the realms and territories across the world and whatever may be your background or beliefs, I shall endeavor to serve you with loyalty, respect, and love as I have throughout my life.
Heartfelt quotes about Charles Prince of Wales
Below are six heartfelt quotes about Charles Prince of Wales spoken by those who knew him in varying degrees. Anybody who has the privilege of meeting the King speaks highly of the natural ease he was with people.
45. He has amazing personal discipline. So, he has – and it’s frustrated me in the past a lot – he has a routine. The only way to fit all this stuff in is things have to be compartmentalized. The man never stops. I mean, when we were kids, there were bags and bags and bags of work that the office just sent to him. We could barely even get to his desk to say goodnight to him. – Prince William
46. I have an image of what a British gentleman looks like, and that image finds real expression in Prince Charles. He is beyond fashion – he is an archetype of style. – Donatella Versace
47. For a time during the 1980s the Royal Family were not just the most influential family in Britain but probably in Europe and Prince Charles specifically was very much like a defacto Cabinet member and what he said actually had impact on public policy. – Andrew Morton
48. The royals – all of them, especially Prince Philip and Prince Charles – have done outstanding work with the faith communities. – Jonathan Sacks
49. Prince Charles is definitely my hero; he uses his position to do only good in this world. – Vivienne Westwood
50. Charles was very intent to use his years as Prince of Wales to make his mark while he still had freedom of maneuver that he wouldn’t have as King. The first subject he really went for was architecture. It made an impact. – Anthony Holden
Who is King Charles III
King Charles III is the current king of the United Kingdom and 14 Commonwealth Realms. Following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on 8th September 2023, Charles ascended to the throne as the eldest son. Prior to the death of Queen Elizabeth II, Charles held the title of “Prince of Wales” and was commonly referred to as “Prince Charles.”
Prince Charles is a polarizing figure in England in an age where the appeal of the monarchy continues to divide. At 73, he is the oldest monarch ever to assume the throne.
King Charles III will be succeeded upon his death by his eldest son, William. In the meantime, William takes over the mantle of Prince of Wales following his father’s ascension. Wiliam’s wife, Kate Middleton, becomes Princess of Wales, the first person to use the title since William’s mother, Princess Diana.
A champion of the environment and a voice for the people, long may he reign!