Ready for a riveting, mind-boggling experience? We’ve curated the best trick questions that will put your mind to work as it has never worked before!View in gallery
You guessed it. Trick questions are designed to trick your mind. Apparently, the more you look (or think about it), the less you see.
So, how confident are you that these questions can’t trick you?
What are you waiting for, smartypants? Let’s start this brain game and test your ability to answer the trick questions we’ve gathered for you below. Good luck! You might just need it.
20 Easy Trick Questions for Kids
Are the kids driving you to an early grave and in dire need of some entertainment? Or maybe, they simply like challenges and riddles. This list is the perfect solution to keep them engaged and busy for at least a while.View in gallery
Trick questions are a great way for kids to have some fun time alone, with their siblings, or with friends. Their mind will surely get sharper and ready for more challenges after they go through these easy riddles for kids.
1. You have no use of it unless it is broken. What is it?
2. How many months have 28 days?
All of them!
3. Does it take magic for a leopard to change its spots?
No. It can simply move from one spot to another.
4. Answer correctly: what contains ten letters but only starts with gas?
Not a car, but an “automobile!”
5. A man dressed in an all-black suit with a black hat and a black mask covering his face was walking on a country lane. Suddenly, a black SUV without any lights on was speeding but screeched to a halt before it could hit the man. But how did the car know he was there?
It all happened in the daytime.
6. Only one thing goes up and down yet remains in the same place. What is it?
7. What starts and ends in “e” but only contains one letter?
8. How many animals did Moses allow to enter the ark?
None. Moses wasn’t on the ark.
9. There are two words that, when combined, hold the most letters. What words are they?
Post and Office.
10. What is something that only has one foot, one head, and four legs?
11. How was it possible that when a girl fell off a 30-foot ladder, she didn’t get hurt in any way, no broken bones, no scratches, no bruises?
The girl fell off the bottom rung.
12. Question: A young boy was practicing soccer. He kicked the soccer ball ten feet away from him and each time it came back to him on its own? How is this possible?
The boy kicked it upwards.
13. What is something with one head, four legs, but many hungry mouths?
A dining table.
14. What can you make but no one, not even you, would be able to see?
15. Aunt Petunia’s barn door was left open one night, and all but seven sheep didn’t escape. How many sheep are there left?
16. It gets so much bigger the more you take away from it. What is it?
17. It has a lot of holes, but it can still hold water. What is it?
18. What is something that has hands but never learned to clap?
19. What is that thing that has three feet but can never walk?
20. What kind of bird is so strong it can lift a car?
15 Tricky Riddles for Adults
Tricky questions can stump even the most intelligent individuals. You don’t think so? Try answering these riddle questions!View in gallery
After you’re done, make sure to memorize a few or list them all to break out around the dinner table or during a party with friends.
21. If you were given only one match before you were ushered inside a dark room with no electricity and only containing an oil lamp, a newspaper, and kindling, which one would you light first?
22. You see a truck driver going down a one-way street the wrong way. He passes at least ten cops but doesn’t get stopped. How come?
Because he was walking on the sidewalk.
23. You had dinner in a famous sushi restaurant, brushing up on your chopstick skills, and you invited all your friends to catch up, but not one single person showed up. What happened?
All your friends are married.
24. You’re riding an electric train at 120mph moving north with the wind blowing east at 15 mph. Which way does the smoke blow?
There is no smoke. It’s an electric train.
25. What do you call a person who doesn’t have all his fingers in one hand?
Normal! Most people only have half their fingers on one hand.
26. Legally speaking, is it possible for a man to go and marry his widow’s sister?
Of course not. He’s already dead.
27. Eight men sitting on your new couch, when three legs break. Five men stand up and leave. How many legs are left?
Seven. The legs of the three remaining men and the remaining couch leg.
28. You saw two girls who looked exactly alike and asked them these questions: Do you come from the same family? Do you share the same parents? Are your birthdays on the same day? Both girls answered yes to all your questions. But when you asked if they were twins, they said no. Why is that?
Because they are triplets
29. Before Mount Everest was discovered as the world tallest peak, was the tallest mountain in the world?
Still Mount Everest. Just because it wasn’t discovered yet doesn’t mean it wasn’t the highest mountain in the world
30. A farmer wanted three eggs for breakfast. He went out to see his rooster laid 15 eggs. How many breakfasts could he eat?
None. Because roosters don’t lay eggs.
31. Do you think it’s possible to ever to lift an elephant with one hand?
No, you’ll never find an elephant with one hand.
32. Question: A woman ran away from home, turning left three times only to return home, where she came face to face with two guys wearing masks. Who were those guys?
The umpire and the catcher.
33. A teenage boy was rushed to the hospital emergency room, badly needing an operation. But the ER doctor refused to do it, saying, “this is my son.” But the doctor wasn’t the boy’s father. How is that possible?
Because the doctor was the girl’s mother.
34. What superpower do you need to allow you to drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it.
None. Ordinary people can do it because concrete floors are extremely hard to crack.
35. Suppose there is a terrible plane crash on the border of the United States and Canada. Only half the people survived. Ethically speaking, where would you bury the survivors?
Nowhere. When a plane crashes, you don’t bury the survivors.
13 Funny Trick Questions
With people’s brains well and truly fried, why not trick them into thinking they get a break with some funny trick questions.View in gallery
Everybody loves to have a laugh, so why not fire off a quick round of light-hearted brain teasers that no single person could fail to find amusing.
36. Chad went outside and into the pouring rain without an umbrella, hat, or protection. How come not a single hair in his head got wet?
Chad was bald.
37. If it took eight men ten hours to dig a swimming pool, how long will it take four men to dig it?
It will take no time at all. The pool has already been dug.
38. Snow boots sound cool, but what’s the biggest problem about them?
They will melt when the temperature rises.
39. Whenever the ocean meets the beach, what does it say?
Nothing. It just waves.
40. What is always answered, yet never asks a question?
41. What can be caught by anybody, but thrown by none?
42. What do you call a room that has no walls?
43. What do you call something that has four wheels and flies?
A garbage truck.
44. Imagine you are in a sinking boat in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by dozens of sharks ready for blood with no one to help you. How would you survive?
Stop imagining it.
45. If a bird, a squirrel, and a monkey are racing to the top of a coconut tree, who do you think will get the banana first?
None of them. They can’t get a banana from a coconut tree!
46. There are two things you can never eat at breakfast. What are they?
Lunch and dinner.
47. How can you make the number one vanish?
Add a ‘G’ and suddenly, it’s gone.
48. What do you really find at the end of a rainbow?
The letter ‘W’
9 Trick Questions That Play on Words
Sometimes, trick questions have a way of making you feel dumber than you really are. In the end, once you know the answer, you start asking yourself, “how could I have missed something so easy?”View in gallery
The answers to some trick questions are usually funny, sometimes illogical, and other times so literal that you just didn’t see them coming.
Are you ready to test your wits? See if you can solve these riddles!
49. How many letters are there in the alphabet?
25 because the p is in toilet.
50. What is the beginning of everything?
The letter “E”.
51. What makes an island similar to the letter “T?”
Both are in the middle of the water.
52. No matter what, everything always ends the same way. What is it?
With the letter “G”.
553. What five-letter word becomes smaller when you add two letters, and even smaller when you add three?
54. Without asking Google, what do you think is the universal center of gravity?
The letter “V”.
55. What kind of cheese is made backward?
56. Honey always starts with this letter.
13 Entertaining Number Questions
Some people really like working with numbers. A great way to get to put this to the test is to ask them some of these tricky numerical questions.View in gallery
Numbers are useful for more than just addition and subtraction. The following logic-bending questions are all number-based and guaranteed to frustrate everybody you ask them.
57. If there are ten birds sitting in a tree, then a hunter shoots one; how many birds remain in the tree?
None. One bird got shot, and the remaining nine flew away!
58. Two mothers and two daughters ordered a pizza for dinner, and each one of them ate only one slice of pizza. Why are there only three slices of pizza eaten?
The dinner group included the grandmother, her daughter, and her granddaughter (her daughter’s daughter)
59. A 30-foot rope ladder hangs over the side of a ship its bottom rung touches the surface of the water. The rungs are one foot apart. During the tide, the water level rises at a rate of 12 inches per hour. How long will it take before five rungs get covered in water?
Never. Because the boat will rise as the tide goes up, so will the ladder.
60. If your dog has four legs, but you can count his tail as one leg, how many legs does your dog have now?
Still four. Because calling your dog’s tail, a leg doesn’t make it one.
61. A man dies from old age on his 24th birthday. How is that possible?
He was born on February 29th.
62. What letter instantly turns ninety-eight into 720?
x because 90 x 8 = 720
63. How did an old rancher fire one shot that got all 100 cows?
He was taking their photo.
64. Three kids are playing on the beach. The first kid has four piles of sand, the second kid has three piles, and the last kid has six piles. If they put all piles of sand together, how many piles of sand would there be?
One. It’s going to be one big pile of sand.
65. How many sides do you does a circle have?
Two: inside and outside.
66. How can you write 11 using three lines?
67. How many times can you take our two from 100?
Answer: Only once. Once you’ve taken out the first “two,” you’ll be taking out two from 98.
68. At what instance is 1 + 1 not equal to 2?
When you make a mistake!
69. How many bricks would it take to complete a house made of bricks?
One. It will only take the last brick to complete a brick house!
10 Tricky Questions that Play on Words
Word games are always fun. There are so many great ways you can create frustratingly tricky questions by playing with the meaning of words.View in gallery
The following batch of questions are sure to catch some people out, and even those that get them right are sure to make a few funny faces as they work it out.
70. How do you spell enemy in only three letters?
71. What is the one word spelled incorrectly in every English dictionary?
72. Besides Tuesday and Thursday, what other days of the week start with the letter “T?”
Today and Tomorrow.
73. It’s a 10-letter word, but it has thousands of words in it. What is it?
74. What’s the only word that grows when you add two letters to it?
75. What three letters can transform a girl into a woman?
76. Is it possible for Friday to come before Thursday?
Yes. If you look them up in the dictionary.
77. If you and I are posing to take a photo, what is between us?
78. If you’re to spell a funny story as j-o-k-e and sitting in a bathtub as s-o-a-k, how about the white of an egg?
79. Question: What is a word that gets pronounced differently if you capitalize the first letter?
10 More Dumbfounding Trick Questions
Are you still up for more confusing questions and puzzles?
Your mind has undoubtedly been put through its paces today, but bear with us a bit. This is one more collection of questions we need to ask.View in gallery
Although we can’t promise it will get easier in this round. But you probably know by now: trick questions are not hard. They are just tricky. Chance are, you can easily answer them if you take a deep breath and a moment out of the straight path.
What do you say we try again with these mind teasers?
80. If you threw a yellow stone in the red sea, what would the stone come back as?
A wet stone. (Stop overthinking!)
81. Question: What building has more stories than any other building in the entire world?
82. You’re enjoying a vacation when someone tells you that you couldn’t take a photo of someone with a wooden leg. Why do you think that is?
Because you can’t take a photo using a wooden leg.
83. How far do you think you can walk into the woods alone without being scared to death?
Only halfway. In the next half, you’ll already be walking out of the woods.
84. Anna’s mother has four daughters. The eldest was named April. The second one is May, and the next is June. What is the name of the last daughter?
85. Which English word holds the same pronunciation even if you take away four out of its five letters?
86. A little boy found 12 frogs inside a dry well. He shot one and killed it this morning and killed another one at noon. So, how many frogs are still in the well?
All 12 of them, including the two dead frogs.
87. What is it: if you have five, you have five. And if you have four, you have four. But if you only have one, then you have none?
88. Where can you find cities, towns, shops, and streets but no people?
On a map.
89. I look like an elephant. I look as big as an elephant. But I don’t weigh like an elephant. In fact, I don’t have any weight at all. What am I?
The shadow of the elephant.
It’s Tricky to Answer Trick Question! But Why?
We can surely agree by now that it’s so hard to answer tricky questions! Yet, the questions are not really tough and don’t even depend on your general knowledge as trivia questions do.View in gallery
The reason for this difficulty is down to three core factors.
Because the answers are usually hidden, most of the time in plain sight. You might be looking for answers somewhere when it’s already staring you in the face.
Sometimes, answers are sometimes too simple and literal. But since it’s a “trick” question, you try to dig deeper in your thoughts to try and answer it. And that doesn’t help.
It’s designed as a con. Obviously, you’ll get tricked a time or two. And if you faltered over some of the tricky questions that we’ve included in the list, completely understandable. It’s all in good fun!
Final Thoughts on Trick Questions
Tricky questions are a fantastic way of exercising both left and right hemispheres of your brain, the right one that controls your creativity and the left that controls your rational process. Not to mention, these brain gear turners are an awesome source of entertainment for you, your family, and your friends.
If you have a family night coming or a scheduled fun time with the gang, don’t forget to bring this list of trick questions with you. Surely, it will leave kids laughing and the elders scratching their noggin, overall bringing an exciting experience for everyone.
Are there any questions that you feel should have made it to this list? Let us know in the comments below.