Do you think you know everything about your friends? This collection of questions to ask your friends will get you to know them even more!View in gallery
Just because you have been friends with someone for years, it doesn’t mean you know everything about them. So next time you and your buddies get together, why not suggest a little game to help pass the time and learn about each other.
Who are their celebrity crushes and zodiac signs? What is their favorite movie, favorite season, favorite subject, or even their favorite teacher? There are lots of interesting questions you can ask even your old friends, to learn more about them.
Asking Questions is a Fun Way to Engage With People
Asking questions has always been the best way to learn, and we have plenty of them to help you deepen your friendship and maybe learn something that will change your world forever!
Related Reading: How to Make Friends as an Adult
So, text your friend or family members, hop into a video chat, get a coffee, or plan a hangout and pull out this list of good questions to ask friends. You’ll have plenty to talk about no matter who you are meeting. We even have questions to ask that “friend” that you like to test the waters, just putting it out there.
20 Getting-to-Know-You Questions for Your New Pal
Getting to know someone you just met doesn’t always come easy, although some people don’t have much trouble getting to know others.View in gallery
But most often, it’s hard to decide what questions are okay to ask. Because while you want to get to know them more, you don’t want to ruin a budding friendship by them questions that make them uncomfortable.
With all of that said, connecting with your new friend should be a breeze with these ice-breaker questions to new acquaintance:
1. What’s your choice of comfort food?
2. Pick your poison, coffee or tea?
3. If budget is not an issue, where would you go for a perfect vacation?
4. What kind of music are you into right now?
5. Whenever you hear it, what favorite song always puts you in a good mood?
6. What’s one emoji that you use so much?
7. What do you think is your best physical feature?
8. Did you go to a summer camp? Where?
9. What’s your favorite game?
10. If you have a million dollars, how would you spend it?
11. During your favorite holiday, are you the get-up-and-go adventurer or the relax-by-the-pool type?
12. Do you have any phobias?
13. What board games do you enjoy playing?
14. What is your biggest pet peeve?
15. What is your dream car?
16. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
17. What do you think is your best quality?
18. What do you normally eat for breakfast?
19. Do you play video games? What video games do you like playing the most?
20. Which do you prefer, watching movies or reading books?
19 Interesting Questions to Ask Your New Friend
Don’t be afraid to ask your new friend questions. Not only is showing an interest in them a great way to show them you are genuine, but you’re bound to get fascinating stories by asking your new pal these questions.View in gallery
The following questions are fantastic for setting up those “did we just become best friends?” moments:
21. If you have an absolute dream job, what would it be?
22. What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any? Do you plan on getting one?
23. Do you have any guilty pleasure? Do you want to share what it is?
24. What will you always bring with you everywhere you go?
25. What’s something you never fail to get when grocery shopping?
26. What food looks disgusting, but you think is delicious?
27. Who has made the hugest influence on your life?
28. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
29. Can you tell someone is lying? How?
30. How do you handle stress/burn-out?
31. How do you define life? Happiness?
32. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
33. What would you say was your worst fashion moment?
34. Would you rather be ten minutes late or ten minutes early?
35. What’s the weirdest thought you’ve ever had this year?
36. When was the last time you remember that you’ve felt truly happy?
37. What is your go to dish for making a good first impression?
38. If you could travel to any country tomorrow, where would you go?
39. What is the first thing on your bucket list that you would do if you won the lottery?
18 Personal Questions to Ask Your Closest Friend
You’ve probably known each other for years, or many months, so skip the unnecessary small talk and random questions. You can get away with asking your best friend more personal questions without offending them or making them uncomfortable.View in gallery
The only tip for this is to talk to your friend in a relaxed, comfortable environment where there’s no risk of getting interrupted (or someone else eavesdropping!)
Dig deeper with these questions to ask your BFF:
40. What’s the most inspiring act you’ve ever witnessed someone do for someone else?
41. What’s that one thing or even that makes you so scared?
42. Do you miss being a kid? What do you miss about it?
43. Who was your very first crush?
44. Is there any place in the area that you actively avoid? Why?
45. What is the weirdest thing on your bucket list?
46. Have you ever stalked any of your classmates online?
Of course, we’re talking Facebook reconnaissance, not actual stalking.
47. Have you ever broken up with a friend before? Care to share why?
48. Who do you look up the most and why?
49. Who was the last person to make you ugly cry?
50. What three words would you say describe your personality?
51. How do you see yourself five years from now? How about ten years from now?
52. What are the top three things you want to achieve before turning 50?
53. What is that one thing that no one else knows but you are most proud of about yourself or what you did?
54. How many friends do you currently have?
55. What is the most embarrassing moment you haven’t told me about?
56. If you had three wishes, would you give me one?
57. What is the best compliment someone has ever given you?
14 Deep Questions To Pose Your Very Best Friend
Even for best buds, there’s always that desire to know more about them and look for ways to continue the bond. And one of the surefire ways to know more about someone is to ask them questions.View in gallery
But what types of questions do you ask your bestie you seem to know a lot about already? – ask deeper questions! Because life isn’t all light and fluffy, after all.
58. Have you ever felt like your life/world is falling apart?
59. Are you okay spending long periods alone, or does it make you feel crazy?
60. What do you reckon makes you a good friend?
61. For you, what is the biggest fear when you think of the future?
62. If you could go back to a situation you wish you had handled differently, what would you change and why?
63. How do you like to be comforted when you feel upset or sad about anything? Or do you like to be given space and left alone to process it by yourself?
64. Have you ever felt betrayed by anyone? Have you betrayed anyone?
65. What’s the toughest thing/decision you’ve ever had to make?
66. Have you ever lied about anything because you thought telling me the truth would hurt me?
67. What do you think makes real friendships last?
68. What do you say you follow the most, your head or your heart?
69. What did your last relationship teach you?
70. Who would be the first person you tell if you got some really good/bad news?
71. If you can only give me one piece of advice about anything, what would it be?
17 “How Well Do You Know Me” Questions for Your BFF
Friendships, like any relationship, should never be one-sided. So, after asking your mates questions to gauge how well you know them, it’s time to turn the tables and ask your BFF questions to know how well they know you!View in gallery
Test your friendship with these how-well-do-you-know-me questions.
72. What is one of my biggest insecurities?
73. What signs do I show whenever I’m anxious or nervous?
74. Do I prefer sweet over spicy foods or spicy over sweet? Or sweet and spicy?
75. Did I have an imaginary friend growing up?
76. Am I a cat or a dog person?
77. What do you think is my hidden talent?
78. What is my favorite food?
79. If I could live anywhere in the world, which country would I choose?
80. Do I prefer traveling by myself or with a person or group?
81. During vacations, do I prefer to go “off track” and explore where others don’t usually go or visit tourist destinations?
82. Did I ever do something illegal before, and would you stop me from doing it had you been there, or would you help me do it?
83. What would it be if I could have any choice of alcoholic beverage in my hand right now?
84. What would you say was the worst choice/decision in my life?
85. Do you think I would trade you for a million dollars?
86. What do you think are my weaknesses? My greatest downfall?
87. If I can eat one dessert every day, what do you think would I pick?
88. Would you say I’m a good friend, or is this friendship over?
Stay Connected With These 10 Questions to Ask Your Long-Distance Friend
Distance, as they say, will make the heart grow fonder. But it also makes maintaining a friendship that much harder. No coffee dates or late-night drinks and brunches or Sundays.View in gallery
Hit up your not-so-close-by close friends through text or social media and add these questions to your next conversation.
89. Want to FaceTime this Saturday?
90. How was your week? How was your family?
91. Not to pry, but how’s the love life looking in the other part of the world?
92. Remember when *insert a favorite memory of you together*.”
93. Do you have plans for the summer?
94. Honestly, are you doing okay?
95. Oh my god, have you watched *insert TV show or last movie you’ve watched*?
96. I know things are looking tough right now; how can I support you?
97. I missed you so much! This year, let’s make a friendship goal; what do you want to do together?
98. Can we pencil in a visit or vacation anytime soon?
16 Funny Questions to Ask Friends to Lighten the Mood
Who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh once in a while? Laughter always makes conversations with your buddies a lot more interesting and enjoyable. And while everyone’s sense of humor varies, there are plenty of fun questions to ask friends that will get everyone laughing out loud.View in gallery
Get ready for some hilarious conversations with your mates when you ask them these funny questions during your conversations, real-life or virtual. It doesn’t matter!
99. What do you think are the sexiest and least sexy names of all time?
100. Do you think cereal is soup? Why or why not?
101. If animals can talk, which do you think would be the rudest of all?
102. What is something that you should only do when drunk?
103. Imagine it’s a zombie apocalypse; what would be your weapon of choice?
104. If you could be a star in a movie, what movies would it be?
105. What’s the weirdest thing or food that you’ve eaten?
106. What would be the first thing that comes to your mind if you found a dead person in your room?
107. Why do you think they called it “beauty sleep” when you know that you wake up a hot mess?
108. Which one would you prefer: be alive but alone or about to die with your group of friends?
109. What’s the weirdest smell that you’ve ever smelled?
110. What would you say is the most utterly useless invention ever?
111. What would be the most embarrassing (or creepiest) thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
112. What would it be if you were given a chance to change any dumb thing about the world?
113. If there’s a time machine and you’re transported 500 years into the past, how would you prove you’re from the future?
21 Dirty Questions to Ask Friends at a Sleepover
Whether you’re just having normal juicy conversations with your gal-pals or playing a game of 21 Questions, these sleepover questions will level up the fun. Or it might just spill their deepest, dirtiest secrets!View in gallery
Just make sure you don’t end up offending any of your mates with these naughty questions. Remember, the end goal is to have fun, although a bit risky conversation with your closest compatriots.
114. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done to get your crush’s attention?
115. What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve searched online?
116. What’s the naughtiest thing you’ve done while you are alone?
117. How far would you go the get the girl/guy?
118. What is the sexiest dream you’ve ever had about someone?
119. Who’s the hottest person you’ve ever kissed?
120. What is your choice of underclothes?
121. Have you ever liked any of your friend’s sisters or brothers?
122. Have you ever sent someone an unsolicited sexy pic to get their attention? If so, who?
123. Have you ever had any non-friendly feelings for one of your friend’s boyfriends or girlfriends?
124. Would you kiss a guy/girl on the first date? Would you do more than that?
125. What is the sexiest thing about a guy/girl that you tend to notice first?
126. Have you ever thought of going back with your ex? If so, who and why?
127. Have you ever cheated on your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend?
128. What is the very first thing you would do if, one day, you woke up as the opposite gender?
129. What is the one thing on your phone that you would be embarrassed about if your buddies saw?
130. Have you ever considered cheating on your girlfriend/boyfriend?
131. What’s the most disturbing dream you’ve ever had?
132. Would you consider dating someone a decade older than you? How old do you think you would go for?
133. What was your earliest childhood memory of boys and romance? What started it?
134. What is the worst romantic failure that you’ve ever experienced?
Final Answer on Fun Questions for Friends
Whether it’s about the new TV show they like, the oddest food they’ve eaten, or how life is going, questions are a great way to stay connected. And this awesome list of questions to ask your buds can be a great opportunity to deepen your bond!
Just one thing more, no matter how close you are to each other, remember to respect each other’s boundaries when asking questions. The goal here is to have a fun and meaningful conversation between friends, not offend or make anybody uncomfortable!