Looking for a wise mentor? The ultimate life coach? Look no further than these timeless Yoda quotes from the wizened elder from the Star Wars movies.
Inspiration doesn’t always come from real-life people. It can come from a 900-year-old little green creature from who knows where with pointy ears and unmistakable syntax!
Beloved characters from favorite movies have inspired us, and every Star Wars fan would agree; Jedi Master Yoda is unmistakably one of the most inspiring of them all. And even if you haven’t watched Star Wars films created by George Lucas (oh, what horror!), Yoda is a name that we all recognize.
And behind that great name is an endless list of sage-like wisdom that can be a better source of inspiration for today, any day.
Grand Jedi Master Yoda, the OG Wellness Guru
There are two things that Yoda is well-known for: extreme knowledge of the Force and his backward tongue lines!
For a character of his magnitude, Yoda (voiced by Frank Oz) only appeared for the first time in Episode V of Empire Strikes Back. It’s pretty surprising, but this little green fellow has been doling out true wisdom in cryptic-like riddles ever since.
Whether you are a fan of the series or not, most will agree that the powerful quotes from the legendary Jedi Master himself can help teach mental strength, motivation, discipline, and perseverance.
The calm, wise, and disciplined leader of the Jedi Order of indeterminate origin has trained Jedis for 800 years. So, you better believe Yoda knows what he’s talking about.
And with that said, let’s go over 55 of the greatest Yoda quotes that will leave you with all the Star Wars feels you need and some of the most excellent life teachings of all time.
One-Liners of Wisdom: 10 Yoda Quotes to Live By
Yodas has been shaping cultures for decades, a great mentor for the Jedis as well as to all of us. Understanding Yoda’s lines can help you discover the wisdom that could serve as invaluable life principles.
Short, they might be, but these Yoda quotes pack enough punch to awaken the wise Force within you.
Hopefully, his wise words can help prop you to success.
1. “The greatest teacher, failure is.”
2. “You fail because you don’t believe.”
3. “You will find only what you bring in.”
4. “Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.”
5. “Patience you must have, my young Padawan.”
6. “Control, control, you must learn control!”
7. “Oh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.”
8. “Do or do not; there is no try.”
9. “Size matters not.”
10. “Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong.”
14 Master Yoda Quotes About Wisdom and Discipline
The Jedi Master has conquered us all with his soothing and trustworthy voice, kindness, and limitless wisdom he shares freely. And as a wise mentor, Yoda tells us how attitude can make a lot of difference.
So, here are more Yoda lines to teach you the importance of mental strength and discipline, keeping you on the light side of the Force.
11. “You think Yoda stops teaching just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink; like killers kill.”
12. “Always two there are. No more. No less. A master and an apprentice.”
13. “You must unlearn what you have learned.”
14. “Many of the truths we cling to depend on our point of view.”
15. “Do not assume anything, Obi-Wan. Clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot.”
16. “So certain were you. Go back, and closer, you must look.”
17. “Much you learn, you still my old Padawan. This is just the beginning.”
18. “The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know.”
19. “Around the survivors a perimeter create.”
20. “A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
21. “Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”
22. “To be Jedi is to face the truth and choose. Give off light or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle or the night.”
23. “Out of acceptance comes wisdom. Not an acquirement wisdom is; not knowledge wisdom is, and not information. This quality of tremendous acceptance is wisdom.
24. “You will know good from bad when you are at peace and passive.”
16 Motivational Yoda Quotes About Fear, Failure, & the Dark Side
So, you want to become a Jedi and reach your full potential? Then don’t miss out on this inspiring collection of motivational teachings that will help enrich your perspective from the great teacher himself.
25. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
26. “Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”
27. “Train yourself to let go of everything you are afraid to lose.”
28. “The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.”
29. “Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the senate is, multiply our adversaries will.”
30. “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.”
31. “The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.”
32. “Yes, afraid. Hmm, surprised are you? A challenge lifelong it is, not to bend fear into anger.”
33. “But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.”
34. “No longer certain, that one ever does win a war, I am. For in fighting the battles, the bloodshed, already lost we have. Yet, open to us a path remains. That unknown to the Sith is. Through this path, victory we may yet find. Not victory in the Clone Wars, but victory for all time.”
35. “When you look at the dark side, careful you must. For the dark side looks back.”
36. “Powerful you have become. The dark side I sense in you.”
37. “On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return and some are broken; some come back, so differently only their names remain.”
38. “Darker the coming storm grows. I fear the dark cloud of sit shrouds us all.”
39. “Death is a natural part of life.”
40. “In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.”
15 Yoda Lines to Help You Power Through Life’s Hardest Moments
Sometimes, we go through tough times. It’s an inevitable part of life. Heartache? Nursing a broken heart? A fight with a coworker? Family issues? Math problems?
Challenging these situations might be, avoiding pointless sorrow is vital. And these Yoda quotes are worth keeping in mind to persist through the hardship.
41. “Smaller in number are we, but larger in mind.”
42. “If you end your training now. If you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil.”
43. “In a dark place, we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.”
44. “Your path, you must decide.”
45. “Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.”
46. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well, you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.”
47. “Your weapons, you will not need them.”
48. “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”
49. “To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not.
50. “Mind what you have learned. Save you; it can.”
51. “In this war, a danger there is of losing who we are.”
52. “A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time ago have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing.”
53. “A Jedi’s strength flows from the Force.”
54. “Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have.”#
55. That is the way of things. The way of the Force.”
55. “Always pass on what you have learned.”
7 Yoda Quotes from the Light(Hearted) Side
While Yoda may have been a wide sage, eager to ensure that Luke understood where fear leads, and avoid losing another student to the dark side, he certainly had a light-hearted side too.
The following Yoda quotes all have a deeper meaning but at first reading, definitely promote a chuckle or two.
While knowledge lights the way for many trained Jedi, humor is also a great weapon against the dark side. So enjoy these light-hearted Yoda quotes and allow yourself to smile, just a little bit each day.
56. “Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? ‘How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?’ Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.”
57. “[Luke Skywalker:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.”
58. “If no mistakes you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.”
59. “Not if anything to say about it I have.”
60. “Good relations with the Wookiees, I have.”
61. “Happens to every guy this does.”
62. “Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things.”
Final Thoughts on Yoda Quotes
Wise quotes from a wise teacher.
After all, it’s Yoda’s life purpose. A student becomes a teacher, and the cycle goes on. So, don’t forget to share what you have learned!
They say legends never die. And Yoda has given us some enlightening quotes that can be invaluable life lessons to span generations. His sayings and lines are packed with wisdom and wise statements that apply beyond the Star Wars universe.
What are your favorite Yoda quotes? Which one of these famous Yoda lines resonated with your best? Tell us in the comments, and don’t hesitate to share if you have more Yoda quotes you want to add to the list!