You’d be hard-pressed to find anything not lovable about Winnie the Pooh. The charming yellow bear we have known and loved since we were children is a source of comfort and fun at any time of the day and any age. The following collection of Winnie the Pooh quotes will highlight just how wise this honey-loving bear could be.
The fictional cuddly bear was first introduced by A.A. Milne in 1924 in “When We Were Young” as Edward Bear. Around two years later, the lovable teddy bear made its first appearance as Winne the Pooh in the 1926’s Winne the Pooh book.
And while he’s famous as the ‘silly old bear,’ nearly 100 years later, Winnie the Pooh quotes remain some excellent sources of wise advice on everything from life to love and friendship.
Some people may say that an imaginary bear and his other stuffed friends aren’t your typical role models. And they would be right because Winnie the Pooh and co. are so much more than your typical role models.
Ready for some golden words of wisdom from Pooh Bear and his friends? Let’s get on with the best Pooh quotes, then!
10 Inspiring and Uplifting Winnie the Pooh Quotes
Pooh, oftentimes called Pooh Bear, isn’t only adorable and a lot of fun. He’s also kind and wise. He’s been teaching us fundamental and inspiring life lessons with his friends: Piglet, the fearful pig; Eeyore, the gloomy and self-deprecating donkey; Tigger, the excitable tiger; Owl, Rabbit, and mother and son kangaroos Kanga and Roo.
We’ve learned a lot of valuable life lessons from the classic Winnie the Pooh stories, including the value of loving and appreciating oneself. So come check out these awesome Winnie the Pooh quotes.
1. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — Piglet
2. “I’ve found somebody just like me. I thought I was the only one of them.” — Tigger
3. “But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is I’m the only one.” — Tigger
4. “It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.” — Eeyore
5. “I’m not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” — Winnie the Pooh.
Pooh and friends have a lot to say about the simple things, simple moments, and small gestures that make the biggest impact. Fantastic wisdom to carry throughout life; a little bit can go a long way.
6. “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh.
7. When you see someone putting on his big boots, you can be pretty sure that an adventure is going to happen.” — Winnie the Pooh.
8. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” — Eeyore
9. “When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles.” — Winnie the Pooh
10. “We didn’t realize we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.” — Winnie the Pooh
10 Winnie the Pooh Quotes that Make All the Difference in Life
11. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” — Winnie the Pooh
12. “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” — Piglet
13. “Just because an animal is large, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.” — Winnie the Pooh
A little reminder to be kind, always, from Pooh Bear, and here’s one more.
14. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” — Winnie the Pooh
When people believe you’re a bear with very little brain, these Winnie the Pooh quotes double as incredible lessons and inspirations to help us navigate life.
View in gallery
15. “Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.” — Winnie the Pooh.
16. “If it’s not here, that means it’s out there.” — Winnie the Pooh
17. “‘I wish I could jump like that,” he [Pooh] thought. ‘Some can and some can’t. That’s how it is.'” — Winnie the Pooh
18. “I always get to where I’m going by walking away from where I have been.” – Winnie the Pooh
19. “Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.” — Winnie the Pooh.
20. “Could be worse. Not sure how, but it could be.” — Eeyore
18 Refreshing Winnie the Pooh Quotes
21. “You have a house, Piglet, and I have a house, and they are very good houses. And Christopher Robin has a house, and Owl and Kanga and Rabbit have houses, and even Rabbit’s friends and relations have houses or something, but poor Eeyore has nothing. So what we’ve been thinking is: Let’s build him a house.” — Winnie the Pooh
22. “They’re funny things, accidents. You never have them ’till you have them.” — Winnie the Pooh
23. “If the string breaks, then we try to another piece of string.” — Owl
24. “‘Well,’ said Pooh, ‘what I like best,’ and then he has to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called.” — Winnie the Pooh
25. “Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” — Winnie the Pooh
26. “‘When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,’ said Piglet at last, ‘what’s the first thing you say to yourself?’ ‘What’s for breakfast?’ said Pooh. ‘What do you say, Piglet?’ ‘I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?’ said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. ‘It’s the same thing,’ he said.” — Winnie the Pooh
That is something from Pooh and Piglet that is well worth asking ourselves. What is the first thing you say to yourself when you wake up in the morning?
27. “Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved.” — Winnie the Pooh.
28. “So perhaps the best thing to do is to stop writing Introductions and get on with the book.” — Winnie the Pooh.
19 Winnie the Pooh Quotes on Friendship
Pooh Bear and friends have been the epitome of friendship long before we knew what #squadgoals are. They have shown us the value of trust, loyalty, humor, and magic in meeting new people, making genuine connections, and fostering lifelong bonds. They’ve taught us what it means to have a friend and how to be a friend.
And in the name of true, honest friendship, we’ve curated a few of the best Winnie the Pooh quotes that will inspire you to reach out to your closest friends.
29. “A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they lay down beside you and listen.” — Winnie the Pooh.
30.”‘ Pooh!’ he whispered. ‘Yes. Piglet?’ ‘Nothing,’ said Piglet, taking Pooh’s paw. ‘I just wanted to be sure of you.'” — Winnie the Pooh
31. “If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin.
We all wish to have that kind of friend in our group, a best friend who believes in you even when you don’t believe in yourself.
View in gallery
32. “It’s more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?'” — Winnie the Pooh
33. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.” — Winnie the Pooh.
34. “I don’t feel very much like Pooh today,” said Pooh. “There, there,” said Piglet. “I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.” — Winnie the Pooh.
35. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” — Eeyore.
36. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart; I’ll stay there forever.” — Winnie the Pooh.
37. “A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my favorite day.” — Winnie the Pooh.
Pooh and his beloved woodland pals have a lot to say about what friendship means. They always valued spending time and space with their friends and loved ones. Friends forever!
38. “It isn’t much good having anything exciting if you can’t share it with somebody.” — Winnie the Pooh.
39. “You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” — Winnie the Pooh.
40. “‘I wonder what Piglet is doing,’ thought Pooh. ‘I wish I were there to be doing it, too.'” — Winnie the Pooh
41. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.” — Winnie the Pooh.
It was friendship at first sight. And isn’t finding one just like that the sweetest thing?
42. “The most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.” — Christopher Robin.
43. “A hug is always the right size.” — Winnie the Pooh
44. “But it’s always useful to know where a friend and relation is, whether you want him or whether you don’t.” — Winnie the Pooh
45. “I think we dream, so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” — Winnie the Pooh
There are plenty of dream meanings, but Pooh’s wisdom does make a lot of sense. You often dream of the people you miss, and that makes you miss them less.
46. “If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — Winnie the Pooh.
47. Pooh: “What should happen if you forget about me?” Christopher Robin: “Silly old bear, I won’t ever forget about you.” — Winnie the Pooh
4 Winnie the Pooh Quotes on Love
Before we related to all of Taylor Swift’s love and heartbreak songs, the likes of Pooh and Piglet have been showing us how real love works.
Here are some inspiring Pooh quotes about love.
48. Piglet: “How do you spell ‘love’?” Pooh: “You don’t spell it…you feel it.“
49. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” — Winnie the Pooh
50. “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” — Winnie the Pooh
51. “Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more, to give way to the happiness of the person you love.” — Winnie the Pooh
4 Winnie the Pooh Quotes on Goodbyes
Sometimes, even the best things end. Good friendships come to an end, and relationships break apart. But on the bright side, you will always have the memories, the place in your heart you can return to, and where friendship and love remain.
Goodbyes might make us sad, but it’s not always the end, and here are some incredible Pooh quotes that say so!
52. “I used to believe in forever, but forever’s too good to be true.” — Winnie the Pooh.
53. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — Winnie the Pooh
54. “But of course, it isn’t really goodbye, because the forest will always be there…and anybody who is friendly with bears can find it.” — from The House at Pooh Corner.
55. “So they went off together. But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in an enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little boy and his Bear will always be playing.” — Winnie the Pooh.
You don’t own the people you love. At some point, you have to learn how to let people go. But that doesn’t make you love them any less, or that certainly doesn’t change the fact and the joy in having met and known them.
Final Thoughts on Winnie the Pooh Quotes
Winnie the Pooh is more than just an adorable yellow bear of very little brain. And the lovable fictional character isn’t just for kids, either. He’s got 100-acre wood knowledge to help everyone paddle through life and the stresses that come with it.
As you might have figured out at the end of this article, the silly bear isn’t so silly after all!
Which of these Winnie the Pooh quotes speak to you the most? Drop your comments below!