Prince Harry quotes have been big business recently, ever since he and Meghan stepped away from royal duties. The selection of quotes from the Duke of Sussex illustrate Prince Harry’s sense of humour, his love for his wife and mother, and his desire to be a normal person despite his royal upbringing.
You’ve got to give something back. You can’t just sit there.
Prince Harry (Henry Charles Albert David; born 15 September 1984) is the second son of King Charles III and the fifth in line for the British throne. Harry has always shared his mother’s defiant streak. Since moving to the US with his family, Harry has given several controversial interviews, shedding light on the life of the British royal family.
Prince Harry has also spoken openly about how losing his mother at a young age affected him. The trauma of Diana’s passing and grieving in the public eye left a lasting scar on his psyche. The following collection of Prince Harry quotes gives a wonderful insight into the heart and mind of the young prince.
Famous Prince Harry Quotes
Below are eight famous Prince Harry quotes. These quotes offer an insight into the mind of Prince Harry and show he is just a normal guy.
1. Once you’re in the military, she means a lot more to you than just a grandmother. She is the queen. And then you suddenly, it’s like start realizing, you know, wow, this is quite a big deal. And then you get goosebumps and then the rest of it.
2. There are a lot of times that both myself and my brother wish, obviously, that we were just completely normal.
3. Everyone has a different opinion; every country has a different way of doing things. But I do believe that we need a regulatory body so that everyone who owns or manages wildlife is subject to inspection and rated on how well they look after the animals and how the communities benefit.
4. People would be amazed by the ordinary life William and I live. I do my own shopping. Sometimes, when I come away from the meat counter in my local supermarket, I worry someone will snap me with their phone. But I am determined to have a relatively normal life, and if I am lucky enough to have children, they can have one, too.
5. It’s a mix between The Truman Show and being in a zoo … I think the biggest issue for me was that being born into it, you inherit the risk that comes with it … without choice.
6. I am very sorry if I have caused any offense. It was a poor choice of costume.
7. You’ve got to have fun in life. Otherwise, wow — imagine life without fun.
8. Conversations with my mother, father, my grandparents as I’ve grown up have obviously driven me towards wanting to try and make a difference as much as possible.
Prince Harry quotes about Diana
The following nine Prince Harry quotes about Diana, Princess of Wales, show the deep level of adulation he holds for his mother. Prince William and Prince Harry lost their mother at an early age, but her legacy remains strong in both of them.
9. I hope that a lot of my mother’s talents are shown in a lot of the work that I do.
10. My mother died when I was very young. I didn’t want to be in the position I was in, but I eventually pulled my head out of the sand, started listening to people, and decided to use my role for good. I am now fired up and energized and love charity stuff, meeting people, and making them laugh.
11. All I want to do is make my mother incredibly proud. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to do.
12. I think losing your mother at such a young age does end up shaping your life massively. Of course, it does, and now I find myself trying to be there and give advice to other people who are in similar positions.
13. It’s something my mother believed in: If you are in a position of privilege, if you can put your name to something that you genuinely believe in, you can smash any stigma you want, and you can encourage anybody to do anything.
14. I can safely say that losing my mum at the age of 12 and therefore shutting down all of my emotions for the last 20 years has had a quite serious effect on not only my personal life but also my work as well.
15. I know I’ve got a lot of my mother in me.
16. There’s not a day that William and I don’t wish that she was… we don’t wish that she was still around, and we wonder what kind of a mother she would be now and what kind of a public role she would have, and what a difference she would be making.
17. My mother was chased to her death while she was in a relationship with someone who wasn’t white, and now look what’s happened.
Prince Harry mental health quotes
Below are six Prince Harry mental health quotes that show it’s ok to talk about things when life feels too heavy. The prince has been open about his struggles in recent years and hopes to remove the stigma of mental health.
18. I have probably been very close to a complete breakdown on numerous occasions.
19. It’s OK to have depression, it’s OK to have anxiety, it’s OK to have adjustment disorder.
20. It was never walking away. It was stepping back rather than stepping down. We all know what the British press can be like. It was destroying my mental health. I was like, this is toxic.
21. Before I even left the house, I was pouring with sweat. I was in fight or flight mode.
22. It’s incredibly triggering to potentially lose another woman in my life.
23. I really regret not talking about it. It is OK to suffer, but as long as you talk about it. It is not a weakness. Weakness is having a problem and not recognizing it and not solving that problem.
Prince Harry quotes about Meghan
The following six Prince Harry quotes about Meghan show the depth of his love and the strength of their bond.
24. The fact that I fell in love with Meghan so incredibly quickly was sort of confirmation to me that all the stars were aligned; everything was just perfect. It was this beautiful woman just sort of literally tripped and fell into my life; I fell into her life.
25. I had never heard of Meghan before. So I was beautifully surprised when I walked into that room and saw her, and there she was, sitting there. I thought I am really going to have to up my game here, sit down, and make sure I’ve got a good chat.
26. When did I know she was ‘The One?’ The very first time we met.
27. I had never even heard about her until this friend said, ‘Meghan Markle.’ I was like, ‘Right, give me a bit of background. What’s going on here?’ So I had never watched Suits.
28. I know that at the end of the day, she chooses me. I choose her. Whatever we have to tackle will be us together as a team.
29. If my mother was here now, she and Meghan would be thick as thieves.
Prince Harry inspirational quotes
Below are seven Prince Harry inspiration quotes that make great reading when times are hard. Prince Harry has a way with words that comes from his royal heritage and upbringing. He combines that with honesty and a vulnerability that makes him far more relatable.
30. His enthusiasm and energy are truly infectious; it has certainly inspired William and I to get involved in issues we care passionately about and to do whatever we can to make a difference.
31. The only way to see real progress is not by chance; it’s by change.
32. We won’t unlock these opportunities for young women and girls unless we can change the mindset of every family and community. To achieve this, it cannot just be women who speak up for girls.
33. This is not just about women; we men need to recognize the part we play, too. Real men treat women with dignity and give them the respect they deserve.
34. I have witnessed first-hand how the power of sport can positively impact the lives of wounded, injured, and sick Servicemen and women in their journey of recovery. The Invictus Games will focus on what they can achieve post-injury and celebrate their fighting spirit through an inclusive sporting competition that recognizes the sacrifice they have made. I am extremely proud that we are bringing an event like this to the UK for the first time and believe it can have a long-lasting impact on the well-being of those who have served their nations so bravely.
35. Part of my role and part of my job is to shine a spotlight on issues that need that spotlight, whether it’s people, whether it’s causes, issues, whatever it is.
36. For me personally, as I said, I want to serve my country. I’ve done it once, and I’m still in the army, I feel as though I should get the opportunity to do it again.
Prince Harry funny quotes
Below are 6 Prince Harry funny quotes that show the Duke of Sussex will never fully grow up. He will forever be the ‘cheeky-chappie’ who refuses to conform just because others tell him he must.
37. To be honest, dinner conversations were the worst bit about being a child and listening to the boring people around me.
38. You can imagine the kind of dinner parties I had to go to at a young age… pretty dull.
39. I do enjoy running down a ditch full of mud, firing bullets. It’s the way I am. I love it.
40. People don’t realize how amazing elephants are.
41. Anyone who says they don’t enjoy the Army is mad — you can spend a week hating it, and the next week it could be the best thing in the world and the best job you could ever, ever wish for. It has got so much to offer.
42. I sometimes still feel I am living in a goldfish bowl, but I now manage it better. I still have a naughty streak, too, which I enjoy and is how I relate to those individuals who have got themselves into trouble.
What did Prince Charles say to Harry and Meghan?
It is unconfirmed what Prince Charles said to Harry and Meghan. However, royal sources have confirmed that the new King is devastated by the rift in his family. It has also been reported that he is deeply hurt as a result of the interview Harry and Meghan gave to Oprah.
After the passing of Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles reportedly decreed that Meghan Markle was not to travel up to Balmoral with Harry. However, the conversations that go around the royal family occur in close confidence, and direct quotes are rarely available.
What did Prince Harry say to William?
Prince Harry said to William that Kate could be friendlier towards Meghan. This conversation allegedly took place during the tumultuous period preceding the Prince’s decision to step back from royal life.
Over the last few years, there have been numerous quarrels between the two brothers, especially surrounding the subject of their wives and attitudes towards one another. Even now, as they continue to grieve the loss of their grandmother, the brothers continue to be at great odds to one another.
What did Prince Harry and Meghan say to Oprah?
Prince Harry and Meghan said to Oprah everything about the way the royal family treated them. They gave a very open and honest account of what it is like to live behind closed palace doors. Prince Harry and Meghan told Oprah about the blatantly racist attitudes of some palace staff towards Meghan. In addition, they spoke about how Harry struggled with his mental health as the tensions continued to escalate.
Oprah’s interview of Prince Harry and Meghan offered the most candid look inside the life of the Royals since Princess Diana in 1995. The former Princess of Wales spoke to the BBC’s Martin Bashir following her split from Prince Charles.
What did Prince Harry say to Hoda?
Prince Harry said to Hoda that he loved his grandmother and was making sure she was being looked after.
I’m just making sure that she’s, you know, protected and got the right people around her.
The Duke of Sussex also spoke about how he had always been the one to make the queen laugh. His cheeky antics, which often landed him in hot water, would often crack a smile from the late monarch.
She’s always got a great sense of humour with me.