Tired of cliche party activities? How about spicing things up with some hot seat questions. Keep reading for the ultimate list of questions for any occasion.View in gallery
Hot Seat Questions is one of the best games to get to know someone better, be it your best friend, group of friends, crush, co-workers, or even strangers. In this game, you can ask the most interesting, exciting, unexpected questions. It can be a great ice breaker that sparks future conversations.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to play a game!
Hot Topics & Hard-Hitting Questions
Nothing is really off-limits with this game. You can of course set some boundaries, but the best fun is had when the questions come thick and fast.
We’ve created a list of 84 questions, sorted into four core categories; a nice range of topics that will get the right mix of reactions to ensure everybody has a good time.View in gallery
This isn’t a game of tactics, and it’s not about keeping score or winning. It’s a game about honesty and having fun and allowing yourself to be open and free with those closest to you.
So, onwards to the opening round of 21 questions guaranteed to get everybody into the spirit of things.
21 Warm-Up Hot Seat Questions
Below are 21 questions about anything and everything that make excellent ice breakers and will get everybody in the group limbered up for the juicy questions to come.View in gallery
1. If you could have a romantic dinner date with a famous person, who would that person be?
2. If there are 25 hours in a day, how would you spend that extra hour?
3. Who’s the celebrity you’re obsessing over right now?
4. If the dare is to get a tattoo, what truth or dare question would you never answer and just do the dare instead?
5. What is the funniest comedy movie you’ve ever watched?
6. You saw a ghost right now. What would your reaction be?
7. What was something you did because you thought was cool but now makes you embarrassed?
8. In the zombie apocalypse, what would be your winning strategy?
9. If you could pick one job you would instead delegate to robots, what would it be?
10. What thing could you buy that would make a cashier the most uncomfortable?
11. If you could text someone without that person ever knowing it was you, who would you text, and what would the message be?View in gallery
12. What’s the craziest “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” thing you would do during a vacation?
13. What is that one food you would never share even with your significant other?
14. If your horoscope tells you you will win the lottery today, would you buy a ticket?
15. If you only have one day to spend a million dollars, how would you spend it?
16. What’s the worst present you’ve had to act that you really wanted when you received it?
17. Do you think aliens believe in humans?
18. Do you think you could cry underwater?
19. What do you say is your favorite smell?
20. If you can make a person disappear, who would it be and why?
21. What is one secret that only your closest friends know about you?
21 Deep Hot Seat Questions
As this game is a great way to get to know people, throwing in some deep questions is a great way to go about achieving this goal.View in gallery
The following batch of questions is designed to get to the root of who you are as a person. Don’t be shy, honesty really is the best policy.
22. What are the top three greatest disappointments that happened in your life so far?
23. What’s the best piece of advice that changed your view on life?
24. What is the one thing that makes the future scary for you?
25. If you could write a book about your life so far, what would be the title?
26. What’s the biggest lie you’ve told someone you haven’t gotten caught (until now, that is).
27. What’s the lamest reason you used to break up with someone?
28. If you won the lottery, would you carry on working the job you’re in now?
29. What’s the one thing you want to achieve in life but struggle with?
30. If you could choose an age to die, what would you pick?
31. How long does it usually take for you to trust someone?View in gallery
32. What does it take for someone to gain your trust?
33. What is the most profound and also most eye opening experience you’ve had?
34. What do you say is your worst personality trait?
35. If there is something you could ask your BFF, and they are obligated to be honest about it, what would you ask them?
36. How would you define forgiveness, and what does it take for you to forgive someone who betrayed your trust?
37. In just three words, how would you describe the idea of real happiness?
38. Who or what motivates you to work hard?
39. What is that one thing you strongly believe in?
40. Suppose you had a time machine; would you visit the past or the future?
41. What do you say was the cruelest thing you’ve ever done to someone?
42. How far would you go in the name of love or family?
21 Sweet and Sexy Questions
Sometimes it’s fun to add something a little flirty and sexy to the mix.View in gallery
You can tailor this round how you want. It’s a great chance to find out some juicy details, but try not to use it as an embarrassment device.
43. What’s your favorite place to get kissed?
44. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while in front of the guy or girl you like?
45. How would you describe a perfect date?
46. What was the worst thing that happened to you while getting busy?
47. What are your top three guilty pleasures?
48. If you could have a kissing scene with a famous person, who would you pick?
49. What’s the most bizarre thing you’ve ever done for the name of love?
50. What would be the best three pieces of advice you would give someone feeling devastated over a breakup?
51. Supposed you had a time machine, would you go back to relive your last relationship? Why?
52. What’s one song you would describe your sex life?View in gallery
53. What are the top five things on your bedroom (or outside the bedroom) bucket list?
54. How many people are in your “people I slept with” list?
55. What do you say was the most spontaneous thing you ever did “outside of the bedroom”?
56. When do you say was the last time you had some?
57. How do you tell your partner you love them without saying “I love you?”
58. What’s something you’ve been secretly wanting your partner to do?
59. Who would you pick out of everyone in the room to enjoy a romantic time in a soaking tub with?
60. What do you say was the weirdest dream you had about someone inappropriate?
61. What is the one sexual activity you would consider 100% off-limits?
62. If you were caught getting yourself off, would you carry on or act innocent, pretending you didn’t?
63. What’s something that would immediately make you want to tear your partner’s clothes off?
21 Rapid Fire Personal Questions
This is the fast-paced round to keep everyone entertained. The key is to ask these questions to your peers in rapid succession.View in gallery
The key is to not think about what you’re answering but rather just answer quickly and honestly.
64. Small dogs or big dogs?
65. Dream job or dream person?
66. Favorite season?
67. Favorite thing about your best friend?
68. Celebrity crush?
69. Visit family or have fun with friends?
70. Lust or love at first sight?
71. Pie or cake?
72. Sin or virtue?
73. Giving gifts or receiving gifts?
74. Most embarrassing moment?View in gallery
75. Spirit animal?
76. Worst lie someone told you?
77. Biggest fear?
78. Biggest regret?
79. Your bad habit?
80. Biggest turn-on?
81. Biggest turn-off?
82. Worst job in the world?
83. First date: day or night?
84. Money or love?
How to Play the Game
First, gather your friends; ideally, everyone is aged ten and up. This game is perfect for a group of five to ten people; anything less wouldn’t be as exciting, and anything more, other members might get bored waiting for their turn.View in gallery
What you need:
You’ll need a chair, stool, bench, couch, a circle drawn, or a cushion if everyone’s sitting on the floor. Whatever you decide to use as the “hot seat” works.
You’re also going to need something to keep time. Get a kitchen timer or simply use your phone.
This game is simple. If you’re familiar with the 21 questions game, this one is generally the same; except you’re racing against the clock.View in gallery
To start, decide which one in the group will be the first to take the heat. The first player takes a seat in the “hot seat,” and another player will set the timer and start asking a barrage of questions.
When the time is up, the next person in line takes the hot seat and you start again. Keep going for as many rounds as you want to play, or until you run out of questions.
But before you start the game, don’t forget to set the rules. You can have this hot seat question game in hard mode, making it mandatory for each player to answer every single question. Or you can pre-set consequences if a player decides to skip a turn (or multiple turns). Basically, there are other variations to play this game.
Maybe let them do a dare for every skip? Just like the truth or dare game, but keep those dares after the time’s up.
If you’re playing with a group of over 21s, perhaps a shot for every skip? Just like the truth or drink game.View in gallery
Grab your friends, get a chair, and let the game begin!
Final Thoughts – Hot Seat Questions
That’s it! A list of questions that will help you get to know your fellow players a little better. Beyond that, it’s a great way to kill a few hours.
There are a few ways to play the game. What’s your favorite? The comments are open so don’t be afraid to drop us a line. Maybe we missed a question that you always love to use. Perhaps there is a question you always dread coming up when you play.