Kate Middleton quotes are often thought-provoking and insightful. Kate Middleton (born Catherine Elizabeth Middleton), the Princess of Wales, is the wife of Prince William, the heir to the British throne.
My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life.
Unlike many other royals, Kate Middleton was not born into a regal family. She and Prince William met at university and had an on-again-off-again relationship before settling down. The following quotes reflect the true spirit of Princess Kate.
Kate Middleton famous quotes
Below are the nine best Kate Middleton famous quotes that capture her delicate skill with words. Living the life of a royal requires a linguistic dexterity that Kate has mastered gracefully.
1. Nothing can really prepare you for you the sheer overwhelming experience of what it means to become a mother. It is full of complex emotions of joy, exhaustion, love, and worry, all mixed together.
2. Imagine if everyone was able to help just one child who needs to be listened to, needs to be respected, and needs to be loved – we could make such a huge difference for an entire generation.
3. I feel enormously proud to be part of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and to see the wonderful, life-changing work that you do.
4. From taking photographs of George and Charlotte, I have been struck by the wonderful lack of self-consciousness that you see in photographs of children without the self-awareness that adults generally feel.
5. I was lucky. My parents and teachers provided me with a wonderful and secure childhood where I always knew I was loved, valued, and listened to.
6. Every time Wimbledon is on, I am thinking, ‘Yes, I could do the same and get out the racket.’ Sadly, not the same results.
7. Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.
8. The Queen, she was really thrilled that it was a little girl, and I think as soon as we came back here to Kensington, she was one of our first visitors here. She always leaves a little gift or something in their room. That just shows, I think, her love for her family.
9. My little Louis is just so sweet, [ in response to young Louis talking about the queen’s passing. ‘Mummy, don’t worry. She’s now with great-grandpa.’
Further reading: Inspirational words from Princess Diana
Funny Kate Middleton quotes
The following six funny Kate Middleton quotes show that even a princess can have a funny side. Several sources have noted that Kate has a very naughty sense of humor, but of course, that is kept for behind closed doors.
10. I’m still very much Kate.
11. The most memorable engagement for me, I suppose, was an away day to Leicester. I went without William, so I was rather apprehensive about that.
12. I can remember being at Sandringham, for the first time, at Christmas. And I was worried about what to give the Queen as her Christmas present. I was thinking, ‘Gosh, what should I give her?’. I thought, ‘I’ll make her something.’ Which could have gone horribly wrong. But I decided to make my granny’s recipe for chutney.
13. George loves the T-Rex because it’s the noisiest and the scariest.
14. By far, the best dressing-up outfit I ever had was a wonderful pair of clown dungarees, which my Granny made.
15. Everyone teases me in the family that I spend far too long chatting. So I think I’ve still got to learn a little bit more and to pick up a few more tips, I suppose.
Kate Middleton quotes about Prince William
The following five Kate Middleton quotes about Prince William. Each quote not only confirms how in love they are but also how down to earth and normal they are. Both have spoken about their fondness for nights in front of the television and ordering a takeaway.
16. You know, over the years, William has looked after me, he’s treated me very well – as the loving boyfriend he is, he is very supportive of me through the good times and also through the bad times..
17. No, I had the Levis guy on my wall, not a picture of William, sorry.
18. By far the best dressing up outfit I ever had was a wonderful pair of clown dungarees, which my Granny made.
19. Actually, William wasn’t there for quite a bit of the time initially; he wasn’t there for Freshers Week, so it did take a bit of time for us to get to know each other, but we did become very close friends from quite early.
20. I think if you do go out with someone for quite a long time, you do get to know each other very, very well, you go through the good times, you go through the bad times. Both personally and within a relationship as well. I think if you can come out of that stronger and learn things about yourself. [When asked about why she and William work so well together.]
Additional reading: Controversial quotes from the unapologetic Prince Philip
Kate Middleton quotes on mental health
Below are ten emotional Kate Middleton quotes on mental health. Kate is a vocal champion for mental health, particularly when it comes to children.
21. A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health.
22. The attitudes towards mental health must change.
23. No one would feel embarrassed about seeking help for a child if they broke their arm – and we really should be equally ready to support a child coping with emotional difficulties.
24. We need to help young people and their parents understand that it’s not a sign of weakness to ask for help.
25. All of us know someone who has been through difficult emotional times, and we know how hard it can be to see a way forward.
26. Some children are tackling tough times without the support that can help them because the adults in their life are scared to ask.
27. We hope to encourage George and Charlotte to speak about their feelings and to give them the tools and sensitivity to be supportive peers to their friends as they get older.
28. Together with open conversations and greater understanding, we can ensure that attitudes toward mental health change and children receive the support they deserve.
29. Around a third of parents still worry that they will look like a bad mother or father if their child has a mental health problem. Parenting is hard enough without letting prejudices stop us from asking for the help we need for ourselves and our children.
30. Since beginning my work in areas like addiction, for example, I have seen time and time again that the roots of poor mental health in adulthood are almost always present in unresolved childhood challenges.
Quotes about Kate Middleton
Below are four quotes about Kate Middleton spoken by those that know her the best. Despite her popularity, Kate has her detractors. However, their dislike is shallow and far gentler than that of other royals.
31. When I first met Kate, I knew there was something very special about her. I knew there was possibly something that I wanted to explore there. But we ended up being friends for a while and that was a good foundation. – Prince William
32. By the age of 30, the new Duchess of Cambridge had done little since leaving university except play a supporting role to her boyfriend, marry him with great pomp and ceremony and get pregnant. She had never really enjoyed an independent identity or income — even her clothes were paid for by her father-in-law — and didn’t seem to aspire to either. – Author Joan Smith
33. She’s been wonderful. – Meghan Markle
34. She’s got a really naughty sense of humor, which kind of helps me because I’ve got a really dry sense of humor, so it was good fun, we had a really good laugh and then things happened – Prince William
Words Kate Middleton isn’t allowed to say
There are several words that Kate Middleton isn’t allowed to say. Kate Middleton is not allowed to say words like ‘toilet’ or ‘perfume.’ However, the list of banned words is not only applicable to Kate Middleton but rather all royals. Certain words are deemed unseemly for royal expression, with clear instruction of alternative words being provided.
Other words Kate Middleton isn’t allowed to say include patio, mum, dad, lounge, and tea (as a meal).
What are Kate Middleton’s accomplishments?
Kate Middle’s accomplishments are predominantly centered around her tireless charitable endeavors. Kate is a very vocal champion for mental health, specifically children’s mental health. She is a campaigner for mental health awareness and is committed to helping those that in need.
Kate is also the first-ever patron of the Victoria and Albert museum. Prior to taking on full-time royal duties, Kate was a senior buyer for the high street chain Jigsaw in London.
Also read: Cheeky quotes from the Duke of Sussex
Where is Kate Middleton from?
Kate Middleton is from Reading, a town roughly an hour outside of London in the United Kingdom. Unlike most other royals, she does not have any regal heritage. Instead, she met Prince William at St Andrews University, where they both studied Art History.
Will Kate Middleton be queen one day?
Technically, yes, Kate Middleton will be called Queen Kate once William ascends to the throne. However, the correct title will be queen consort. This means she is the wife of the ruling king. In accordance with British tradition, the wife of a ruling king is known as the queen (consort). While the husband of a ruling queen will retain the title of prince.
The queen consort is an official title, and as such, Kate will have her own coronation ceremony, albeit of a smaller scale than that of her husband.