Do you ever have one of those days? You know, the ones where the universe seems out to get you? Well, we’ve put together 90 “I don’t care quotes” to help you shake off whatever’s weighing you down!View in gallery
If you’ve heard of Murphy’s law, then you may be familiar with the phrase, “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.” Although pessimistic, there are some days (or weeks or even months) where everything is indeed a disaster. Next thing you know, you’re in a major funk because you care too much.
Never Be Afraid to Say I Don’t Need This in My Life Anymore
To feel better, you might reach out to a friend, spend time doing a hobby you love, or ground yourself with motivational passages.
Sometimes, though, the best remedy is to stop caring altogether.
We’re not talking about flaking on the big things, like your job or your relationships. We mean the little stuff: The chores you haven’t done, texts you haven’t responded to, projects you haven’t completed—that endless list of annoyances that have turned into a nightmare.
While it’s okay to care about these things, caring less can help you step back, destress, and look at your problems objectively.
Heck, you may end up realizing that your worries aren’t as dire as you first thought.
If you’re interested in a more easy-breezy attitude, then you’re in luck! We’ve put together 90 “I don’t care” quotes that perfectly capture the mood you’re looking for.
18 Famous I Dont Care Quotes
To change the world, great thinkers, celebrities, and artists had to stop caring about other people’s opinions and focus only on their ambition.
It was a hard trek for many, but history now remembers their names as well as their unwavering determination.View in gallery
If you’d like to take a page out of the greats, then check out these 18 famous “I don’t care” quotes:
1. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
2. “Care about what other people think, and you will always be their prisoner.” – Lao Tzu
3. “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect, you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” – John Lennon
4. “You have no responsibility to live up to what other people think you ought to accomplish. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. It’s their mistake, not my failing.” – Richard P. Feynman
5. “Caring what others think is the biggest jail one can put oneself in.” – Durjoy Datta
6. “Not caring more about what other people think than what you think. That’s freedom.” – Demi Moore
7. “Allow the world to live as it chooses, and allow yourself to live as you choose.” – Richard Bach
8. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
9. “To kind of go through life not caring is a spectacular attribute. It’s one I wish I had.” – Neil CrossView in gallery
10. “The eyes of others, our prisons; their thoughts, our cages.” – Virginia Woolf
11. “By not caring too much about what people think, I’m able to think for myself and propagate ideas which are very often unpopular. And I succeed.” – Albert Ellis
12. “I do not care so much what I am to others as I care what I am to myself.” – Michel de Montaigne
13. “I don’t care what anybody says about me as long as it isn’t true.” – Truman Capote
14. “Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: You have to let it happen by not caring about it. Success will happen precisely because you had forgotten to think about
it.” – Viktor Frankl
15. “I don’t care what you say about me, as long as you say something about me, and as long as you spell my name right.” – George M. Cohan
16. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” – Haruki Murakami
17. “I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!” – Theodore Roosevelt
18. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” – Coco Chanel
14 Great Quotes to Stop Worrying About Life
It’s easy to get wrapped up in our problems and stress over the little things. Sadly, by spending so much energy on unimportant things, we often forget to enjoy life.View in gallery
To help you let go of unnecessary worry, we’ve gathered 14 great “I don’t care” quotes about living in the moment:
19. “The moment you stop caring is the moment when things get better. Don’t waste your time trying to please others.”
20. “Don’t be mad because I don’t care anymore. Be mad because I once did, and you were too blind to see.”
21. “The only way to free your mind is to stop caring about what others think.”
22. “I’m not heartless. I’ve just learned to use my heart less.”
23. “If you want to live, stop asking permission. Do it now and regret it later. What other people think is none of your business.”
24. “When everything goes south and the shit hits the fan, the best choice is often to stop caring and move forward.”
25. “One of the best feelings in the world is when you stop caring about things that used to bother you.”View in gallery
26. “When you are with the right person, you just smile and ignore the world”
27. “It’s not wrong not to care. It can’t be that bad if it makes you happy.”
28. “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.”
29. “One of the greatest mental freedoms is truly not caring what anyone else thinks of you.”
30. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.”
31. “Sometimes, you just have to stop caring. You have to turn off all emotion and feeling to protect yourself from getting hurt.”
32. “I don’t care about age; it is stupid! Some adults act like toddlers, and some children are wise beyond their years.”
18 Short I Don’t Care Anymore Quotes
We all eventually reach that point where we feel overwhelmed and fed up. Everything feels too much, but there is a short phrase that can help cancel out that doubt-filled image created by your mind.View in gallery
Sometimes, to get out of a bad headspace, all we need are the right words. In which case, memorable phrases are best. Uttering these three little words will help you realize you shouldn’t care about what others think.
These 18 short “I don’t care” quotes will see that your happiness rises and your head becomes a much calmer place.
33. “Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.”
34. “If it makes you happy, do it.”
35. “I can’t be bothered to care for something so not fabulous.”
36. “Sometimes the best way to solve a problem is to just stop caring.”
37. “Stop worrying about people who don’t worry about you.”
38. “What other people think of you is none of your business.”
39. “When people treat you like they don’t care, believe them.”
40. “The most miserable people are those who care deeply.”
41. “Care less; smile more.”View in gallery
42. “I don’t care about the world. I will follow my dreams till my last breath.”
43. “I have no opinion of you. Therefore you do not exist.”
44. “Happiness is not caring what others think of you.”
45. “The day we stop crying is the day we stop caring.”
46. “I can’t fight for something I don’t care about.”
47. “Do what makes you happy and don’t care what others think.”
48. “I know you want me to care. But I don’t.”
49. “The less I care, the happier I am.”
50. “Inner peace is another way of saying ‘I no longer care.’”
16 Quotes to Feel More Comfortable in Your Own Skin
We’re all guilty of obsessing over what people think of us. Be it a nitpicky family or the unending scrutiny of society, fear of judgment keeps us from pursuing our dreams.View in gallery
Of course, overcoming this fear is easier said than done. Before we can feel comfortable in our own skin, we need to forgive ourselves for “wasting” time and reinvest energy back into what we love.
Here are 16 “I dont care” quotes to help you start living life unapologetically:
51. “Love your own company and forget about the world—it’s the best feeling ever.”
52. “When you are truly comfortable in your own skin, not everyone will like you, but you won’t care one bit.”
53. “I no longer care who I lose, as long as I don’t lose myself.”
54. “Your uniqueness is your own business. Do not care about those who wish to put you into a box.”
55. “Just because you don’t care for someone doesn’t mean you lack feelings. It just means those feelings no longer apply to them.”
56. “I don’t care about the consequences when I do something that my heart demands to be done.”
57. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
58. “Never forget that thoughts are not facts. Just because you think it, doesn’t make it so. Let go, stop caring, and enjoy your life.”View in gallery
59. “I don’t care if anyone thinks that I am wrong. I am not born to prove myself to useless people.”
60. “Just because you don’t care for someone doesn’t mean you lack feelings. It just means those feelings no longer apply to them.”
61. “You are real. You are you. And you are enough. Stop caring what others think.”
62. “Caring too much is a one-way ticket to a broken heart.”
63. “I no longer care about things I can’t change and people who won’t change.”
64. “Ignore anyone who talks about you behind your back. That’s where they belong.”
65. “Age is a wonderful thing. The older you get, the less care you have about the world, and life starts to become more interesting.”
66. “Don’t care about your looks. You will always be pretty for the one who loves you.”
14 Powerful Quotes To Not Care Anymore
Self-doubt is a side effect of caring. And while perfectly normal, by caring too much, we allow our most judgmental thoughts to define who we are. We give in to peer pressure and end up living inauthentic, unsatisfying lives.View in gallery
Only through perseverance can we combat excessive self-doubt. To inspire you, check out these 14 powerful quotes about caring less and living more:
67. “Do not ask for permission. Don’t care about what others think, or that you have to ask anyone anything to do what you want. Do not explain yourself. Burn your own blazing path and discard all those who weigh you down.”
68. “Sometimes the only choice left to do is to stop caring. Make peace and move forward no matter how it hurts, because there is no reason to stay anymore.”
69. “Working for something you don’t care about is called stress. Working for something you love is called passion.”
70. “I don’t care if you never speak to me again as long as you remember me for a lifetime.”
71. “Care less about the words and more about the actions. True love is found not in what we say, but what we do.”
72. “If you find the right person, don’t lose them. Don’t care about the world, and just hold them for life.”
73. “I don’t care if I fail a thousand times. I will still get up and chase my dreams.”View in gallery
74. “There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn’t even jump puddles for you.”
75. “It may be hard and disappointing, but I don’t care. My dreams are what keep me going.”
76. “Letting go doesn’t mean you stop caring. It means you got tired of trying to force someone to care about you.”
77. “When all things turn sour, there is no other choice but to stop caring and move forward.”
78. “The best thing I did with my life was to throw away all the garbage people kept pushing at me and stopped caring.”
79. “Don’t care for the ones who are not willing to stay in your life anymore.”
80. “If one day you notice that we haven’t talked in a while. It’s not because I don’t care anymore, it’s because you pushed me away.”
10 Funny IDGAF Quotes About Life
Sometimes the best way to show you don’t care is through humor.
While this may seem crass, a stupid joke or sarcastic quip can help you get someone off your back and care less about their feelings.View in gallery
Stop thinking about what anybody else thinks and says with these 10 hilarious quotes that just scream IDGAF!
81. “Send your complaints to this address: ‘101 I don’t care street.’”
82. “Sorry for not caring what you think. I’m busy being happy.”
83. “This is a public service announcement letting you know that I no longer care.”
84. “When people give you garbage, throw it away.”
85. “Enjoy life…there’s plenty of time to be dead.”View in gallery
86. “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!”
87. “If you ever start caring too much about what others think, remember this: people are stupid.”
88. “What’s that? I think it’s the sound of no one caring!”
89. “I don’t care what you think of me—unless you think I’m awesome, in which case you’re right!”
90. “I used to care about how I looked. Now I don’t care as much. Maybe it’s because I’m so handsome.”
Final Thoughts on I Don’t Care Quotes
As many of these quotes illustrate, caring less doesn’t make you a heartless person—just a happier one.
It may be a while before you fully let go of minor worries, but once you start, your bad days will begin to feel a little lighter while your good days become exceptionally brighter.
If you have a favorite quote or even tips for caring less, feel free to share in the comments below!