Communication is key to a healthy relationship. If you and your girl don’t talk enough, this list of questions to ask your girlfriend will solve that.View in gallery
Okay, you want to connect with your significant other, and understandably, you’re not a mind reader. Hence, asking your girlfriend the right questions is key. It will not only let you know what she wants for dinner (before you order pineapple on pizza, which she hates, by the way) but asking questions will also improve your relationship and intimacy in the long run.
Communication Is the Most Important Part of a Relationship
You’ve heard this over a dozen times, but it’s well worth remembering. In relationships, communication is key!
If you’re in a relationship, silence is never golden. It’s pretty much what relationship experts and psychologists would tell you. But, seriously, the second you and your girl stop communicating, intentionally or not, expect the relationship to go sour. Poor communication is a common factor that leads to breakups.View in gallery
We’ve established that communication is essential. But finding the right time or even the right questions to get the conversation going is hard.
Take advantage of some quality time, maybe some cuddling, and get to know your girl better through our different types of questions to ask your girlfriend. Sound good? Let’s get on with it, then.
Interesting Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Need more ideas on what to talk about with your girlfriend? We have a complete list of awesome questions to ask your girlfriend, from cute to silly and fun, flirty to deep and serious.
So, why don’t you turn off Netflix, and don’t forget your phone too, and get into it!
27 Cute Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
The early stages of a relationship are often the most enjoyable and adorable parts. You get to know them through some light-hearted questions that could surely put a smile on your girl’s face or make her feel comfortable enough to start spilling some tea.
But no matter the current stage of your relationship, asking cute questions will spark some interesting conversations. Many of them are perfect for asking your girl in relaxed moments, during a date night, or even through texts.View in gallery
Whether you’re dating for a couple of weeks or years, your girlfriend will be ecstatic to answer these cute, adorable questions.
1. Which do you think is cuter, a puppy or a baby?
2. Do you like surprises? What’s the best surprise that you’ve ever received?
3. How would you spend your ideal birthday?
4. What makes a rainy day so much better?
5. Who was your first favorite cartoon character that you can remember?
6. What was your favorite playground game?
7. When you were little, what was your ultimate dream job?
8. What would you consider the most thoughtful gift someone could give you?
9. Who was the first-ever fictional character you fell in love with?
10. What was your favorite children’s book for bedtime?
11. If you could only have one ice cream flavor all your life, what flavor would you pick?
12. What’s the cutest photo you’ve taken of yourself?
13. What was the funniest lie you’ve ever told your friends?
14. Have you ever thrown someone a surprise party?View in gallery
15. What was your favorite toy you always slept with when you were a little girl?
16. Did your heart flutter when you first saw me?
17. What’s something that makes you so excited whenever you think about it?
18. What do you think makes waking up in the morning so much better?
19. Which scene do you like better: sunset or sunrise?
20. What makes something romantic to you?
21. What was something that quickly came to your mind whenever you remembered the day we first met?
22. Where would you like to go on a weekend date with me?
23. What was the best compliment I’ve ever given you?
24. What’s the most romantic thing you can quote from a movie?
25. If you could force me to watch a chick flick, what would it be?
26. Would you be swept off your feet by a romantic gesture?
27. What is the surefire way that I can tickle your heart?
21 Silly, Fun Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Humor is a fantastic icebreaker in every conversation, especially in your romantic relationship. Imagine that you won’t be able to laugh with your significant other. Where’s the fun in that?
If you want to hear your girl dish out some cool and funny stories or just make her laugh by answering your silly and weird questions, this list is for you.View in gallery
You can experiment with these silly, fun questions to find one that makes your girlfriend laugh the hardest and, fingers crossed, fall deeper in love with you. Because who’s more attractive than a guy with a good sense of humor, whether wit-wordplay or dry?
28. Do you have a baby voice you use on the phone?
29. If you could be me for 24 hours, how would you spend the day?
30. What’s the worst first kiss you’ve ever had?
31. What’s the corniest pick-up line you heard from a guy?
32. At a rate of 1-10, with ten being the highest, how good do you think you are when it comes to keeping plants alive?
33. When was the last time you lied about your age?
34. What was the craziest thing your closest friends have ever dared you to do?
35. How long do you think you can stare me in the eyes without laughing?
36. What is the nastiest-sounding word you have ever heard in your life?
37. Which would you pick to be, feeling sticky all the time or itchy all the time?
Nobody in their right mind would choose to feel either of those things, but thinking about the answer to this silly question will undoubtedly make her giggle. And isn’t that cute?View in gallery
38. How would you spend a billion dollars if you only had a day to spend it all?
39. What if I suddenly caught fire during a romantic date night with candlelight, and you’re drinking a glass of water? Would you dump the water on me?
40. If you had a secret knock-knock joke that you’re sure can knock my socks off, what would it be?
41. What was the most embarrassing thing you can remember from your teenage years?
42. What’s the silliest thing you’ve ever done to make me notice you?
43. If you suddenly got arrested by the police right now, what do you think I would assume that you’ve done?
44. What’s something that would never, not in a million years, would believe about you?
45. What are you, a clown or the whole circus?
46. What is something I do that made you cringe really bad, but you’re happy to overlook?
47. Can you tell me some of the most clever insults you’ve ever heard?
48. Batman or Superman?
In case she says neither and answers Captain America or Thor instead, maybe she’s the one? This could surely open a very competitive discussion. But don’t forget to keep it fun.
22 Flirty, Romantic Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Whether you’ve been dating for days or decades, every relationship needs romance and intimacy. And while physical intimacy often gets the most attention, healthy emotional intimacy is also a recipe for a strong relationship.View in gallery
So, what are you waiting for? Up your game with these few romantic questions to ask your girlfriend. It’s an awesome conversation starter during a dinner date or a classic Netflix-and-chill at-home date night.
49. Can you name one favorite song that you wish was written about you?
50. If you can plan an ideal date, how would you like it to be?
Not sure how to plan a date that your girlfriend will absolutely love? Ask this
51. Can you tell me your first thought the first time you met me?
52. Does spending time with me, lounging on the beach this Saturday, sound good to you?
53. Can you tell me three things you like most about us?
54. Truth or dare?
Nothing is more flirty than a truth or dare game.
55. Are you a member of the mile-high club? If not, would you ever consider joining?
56. If I give you a free pass, what would be the wildest thing you would dare me to do?
57. When did you realize that we’d make it as a couple?
58. Are you hitting on me right now?
59. What are your thoughts on public displays of affection?View in gallery
60. What’s something that I do that makes you feel sexy and wish that I do it more often?
61. Do you have any idea what I’m thinking right now?
62. How do you like to celebrate milestones in our relationship?
63. What would you rather be, the little spoon or the big spoon?
64. Do you like using pet names with your significant other?
65. Are you trying to turn me on with that outfit?
66. What are your thoughts about the dirty talk? Be honest!
66b. Do you mind if I ask you a few dirty questions?
67. Can you tell me your least favorite sexual position?
68. I have an important question: Why am I so drawn to you?
69. How many times, from day to night, do you think of kissing me?
70. What do you think is the hottest thing I can wear?
20 Deep Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
If your relationship has moved forward from cutesy to serious, some important, deep questions are integral for a growing relationship. These questions to ask your girlfriend are intended to get to the depths of her thoughts, values, and how she looks at life in general.View in gallery
Do keep an open mind when asking these questions. The answers may not be positive or happy or what you expected them to be. But remember, it’s all about learning about the other person beyond what meets the eye and getting some insight into how she became the woman who stole your heart.
71. What do you think was the moment in your life that taught you the biggest lesson?
72. If there’s a single thing in your past that you could change, what would it be?
73. What do you think is the most vulnerable moment in your life?
74. Is there a massive goal you want to accomplish in your life?
75. What do you believe is the key to achieving a happy life?
76. How do you think we should measure success?
77. What’s something about your parents’ relationship you learned and applied in your relationships?
78. What do you think a perfect life consists of?
79. Have you ever experienced unrequited love?
80. Would you rather love someone and them not love you back or have someone love you and you not love them back?View in gallery
81. What is usually on your mind when lying in bed, unable to fall asleep?
82. Do you think some people are born evil, or are they made evil because of circumstance?
83. Do you agree that honesty will always be the best policy?
84. What is your secret guilty pleasure whenever you’re feeling down?
It’s one of the meaningful questions that will give you a good insight into how you can support your girlfriend when she’s feeling troubled. Maybe it’s as simple as buying her chocolate or having a fun conversation to help cheer her up.
85. What makes you the happiest?
86. Is there something that gives you irrational fear?
87. What do you crave most about life, adventure, or stability?
88. What do you say is your favorite memory about your childhood that served as an invaluable life lesson to your adult self?
89. Would you tell me about a memory you wish you could block out?
90. What are some things that you like most about yourself?
22 Serious Questions to Ask About Your Relationship
In life, and that includes relationships, there is no guarantee. You can only hope and work for the best. But asking your girlfriend these serious questions is a good stepping stone for finding out where she’s at and managing expectations in your relationship.View in gallery
There’s no easy way to ask these relationship questions, but they are a must. Besides helping you know if you’re on the same page, these questions will give your girlfriend a chance to share her feelings with you, whether positive or negative. Having an open conversation will build a much stronger relationship, for sure.
91. What are your deal breakers in a relationship?
92. What’s your favorite thing that I do for you?
93. If you could give your younger self one good relationship tip, what would it be?
94. Are there instances when you don’t feel heard in our relationship?
95. What can I do to make it better?
96. What is your most romantic memory about our relationship?
97. Would you consider us soul mates?
98. Is keeping secrets ever justified in a relationship?
99. Out of all the dates we’ve gone on, which one was your ultimate favorite?
100. Would you say that we’re a positive influence on each other?
101. Do you think we’re spending enough quality time?View in gallery
102. Would you move across the world to be with someone you’re in a serious relationship with?
103. Would you consider marrying me if we have different faith?
104. Do you think having a good sex life helps long-term relationships last?
105. Would you say that I make you feel loved and appreciated?
106. Do I have a bad habit that you’ve been hoping I would quit already?
107.What would be the one thing you would change in our relationship?
108. Would you say that I support you enough?
109. Do you consider flirting with other people as cheating?
110. Would you say that you’re satisfied with our intimate life?
111. Does your idea of an ideal life include me by your side?
112. Are you just dating for fun and for now, or are you looking for a committed relationship?
113. What are your expectations in our relationship?
114. Are you truly happy being with me?
20 Random Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
These questions are some things you can ask your girlfriend out of the blue, perfect for dealing with awkward silences and conversation lulls. Maybe you were enjoying a long car ride, and you could only sing too many country songs.View in gallery
Ask your girlfriend these random questions, and lo and behold, conversations will flow again. They are also awesome conversation starters! Plus, this list of questions will give you a completely different perspective over, you guessed it, random topics!
115. What’s the grossest thing that you’ve eaten?
116. What’s the most bizarre dream you’ve ever had?
117. Is there something weird that you suggest I try at least once?
118. How would you want to go out if you could decide how you die?
119. What was your first impression of me that still holds true today?
120. Have you ever experienced being hit on by another woman?
121. Do you like having your photo taken?
122. How would you describe your dream house?
123. If you get the chance to time travel just once, would you go to the past or the future?
124. Can you juggle?View in gallery
125. What foreign country would you never visit?
126. Can you name someone famous who you think is your doppelganger?
127. If you could pick one social norm you wish would disappear, what would it be?
128. If you could pick a movie that resembles your life best, what would it be?
129. Would you ever go skinny dipping during the daytime?
130. Do you have any annoying habits?
131. Do you believe that ghosts exist? Have you ever seen one?
132. What is one unhealthy food/drink that you wish was good for your health?
133. Would you ever pose nude for the right reasons?
133b. What would those reasons be? Just wondering.
134. What do you think makes the ultimate gift: a couple’s massage, a weekend getaway to the beach, or a diamond ring?
She may think that this is random, but this one could be a trick question for your lady love. If you’re in a long-term relationship and she’s right there with you, you’ll know what she will pick. So, maybe skip asking this one if you’re not ready yet?
What Should You Talk with Your Girlfriend?
One of the things you need to know about perfect communication, a recipe for a happy relationship, is a happy conversation. And we’re not saying happy in a way that conversations should always be funny and full of laughter. Happy conversations could also mean healthy and productive. It goes so much beyond small talk.View in gallery
And if you’re running out of conversation ideas with your girl, it’s completely understandable, especially when you both speak to each other for hours each day.
Thankfully, knowing how to talk to girls is easier than rocket science, and these conversation topics are some fantastic pointers to remember.
Talk About Her Day
It doesn’t seem much, but little questions go a long way in showing your sweeter half that you’re interested in her. Asking about how her day has been and listening to what she says is a romantic gesture all in itself.
Unfortunately, it’s become a bit of the dreaded small talk. Usually, you get stuck only asking, “how was your day?” or “how are you?” or “how was work?” and nothing more. It’s become one of the meaningless questions you can ask, a classic day-to-day logistical check-in that most often warrants a one-word or a vague response.View in gallery
Worse, she could be thinking, “not this question again.” Yikes.
The solution? Phrase it in such a way that allows your girlfriend to say something more or deeper. For example:
- What’s the best part of your day, babe?
- How many cups of coffee did you have today?
- What made you happy today?
- Did you listen to or read anything interesting today?
- Did you receive any good news today?
Talk About Her Interests
Although you are in a relationship, it’s essential to understand that you are two different people with different likes and wants. Get to know your special girl better by asking about her interests and other personal questions. You probably have some good ideas about what they are, but they could also change.
Maybe she has a new favorite movie or TV series. Perhaps she has new health or fitness goals. Or, maybe her favorite flower is daisies, and you’ve been giving her roses. You may not like the same things, and that’s completely fine. But asking her is kind of bonding, too, and it will let her see that you’re interested in knowing everything about her.
Talk About Her Family and Friends
Family and friend dynamics are important facets of every person, and they can be complicated. Families can be full of unconditional love and/or some deep wounds. The same goes for friendships. Asking your girlfriend about hers will give you a lot of insight, understand why she reacts a certain way to circumstances, etc.
Talk About Childhood Memories
If you want to learn some intimate parts about your girlfriend, ask her about her childhood. After all, it’s part of who they are now.
This kind of conversation will give you plenty of insight into her values and what she wants out of life. You could also be surprised with some fun, enjoyable stories and embarrassing moments from when she was younger.
Talk About Views on Life
Each of us sees life differently, although we don’t usually share them with everyone. However, asking deep questions and serious topics like this one will give you an idea of her innermost feelings.
Finding out how she sees life will also give you a perspective of what she wants in the future or her ultimate life goals. Her answers could also be a sneak peek at her regrets and fears.
Talk About Your Relationship
Nothing beats asking relationship questions to your girlfriend to make sure you’re on the same page. They will take vagueness and assumptions out of the picture that could eventually ruin the relationship.
Is she content? Happy? Is there something she wants in the relationship that she feels she’s not getting? Does she feel misunderstood, or doesn’t she feel like she could be openly herself?View in gallery
Talking about your relationship will help both of you understand each other and address whatever needs addressing.
Talk About the Future Together
Vacation and date ideasDiscussing about a future with your girlfriend can make both of you feel connected to each other. And you don’t even have to be ready to talk about marriage or kids to manifest a future together.
Maybe you can talk about what she expects in the future, maybe a year or two from now. Or, you can simply discuss some vacation ideas for the summer or date ideas for the next weekend.
But if you think that your serious relationship is already in that stage, there’s no reason to be afraid of a more serious discussion. Maybe she wants to talk about buying a house or getting married before she turns 30 or even plan the future together to the minute details. You will never know if you won’t ask. Plus, any conversation that can help strengthen the connection is always great.
Talk About Something Romantic
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, every woman thinks about romance, although their definition of romance could be different. And while communication is a must for a healthy relationship, keeping the romance alive will help your relationship flourish.
They often say that falling in love is the easiest part. But, rekindling the fires of romance from time to time is a challenge. And asking your girlfriend romantic questions or naughty questions will seriously spice things up.
How to Ask Questions to Your Girlfriend?
Knowing what questions to ask your girlfriend is one thing. Knowing how to ask them is another. We’ve given plenty of examples for the first. Now, here are a few tips for the latter.View in gallery
Stay curious. We just have to put it right there. Because good conversations always start with being curious enough to ask questions. And here’s the tip: instead of asking your girlfriend yes-or-no type of questions (unless it’s a wedding proposal), try asking her open-ended questions. It will keep the conversation flowing and might even dig up some interesting stories.
Let the questions develop into natural conversations. Don’t treat this as a job interview. There’s no need to overwhelm your girl with rapid-fire questions.
You don’t have to go over all these questions one by one. If she’s uncomfortable answering some questions, simply move on to another one. It’s not about putting her in pressured situations or forcing confessions she might still not be comfortable talking about. It’s about having a deep conversation and healthy communication.
Final Thoughts on Great Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
Keeping conversations flowing can be a difficult thing, even with the person you’re most comfortable with.
It’s worth having a collection of interesting questions to ask your girlfriend to get to know her better, help start awkward conversations, fill quiet moments, and steer things towards where you both want.
Whatever type of questions you want to ask your girlfriend – cute, funny, flirty, deep, or serious – it’s all meant to really understand the person you’re dating!